16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

2006-11th

2007-1st (added Randy Moss)

2008-8th (no Brady)

2009-6th (no McDaniels)

2010-1st (no McDaniels)

2011-3rd (no McDaniels)

They've been top 5 every year since he rejoined but they weren't exactly lacking without him either.

They were top 5 once prior to him being OC, every year thereafter.  He could be looked at as the catalyst of that, that continued while he was gone.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree.  Brady has shown a willingness to play and win in a vast number of ways.  Throw it 50+ times 1 week, run it 50+ times the next week.   Rodgers......not so much.  Changing that is not going to be easy, and McDaniels best pitch to Rodgers will be "this is how Tom has been so successful".  Whether Rodgers would but into that is an unknown.

We've seen this before with Jay Cutler. It didn't end well. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

2006-11th

2007-1st (added Randy Moss)

2008-8th (no Brady)

2009-6th (no McDaniels)

2010-1st (no McDaniels)

2011-3rd (no McDaniels)

They've been top 5 every year since he rejoined but they weren't exactly lacking without him either.

A huge factor in NE's success is that they play in by far the worst division in football. Seriously what are they on now 9 Div titles in a row. Miami, Buffalo and NY have helped NE as much as NE has helped NE over that same period of time. It's quite sad to be honest. Yes NE has also won outside of that but at the same time they are 6-0 before most of the rest of the NFL is 1-0 each season:)

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I  guess I'd look at the QB there. Gase sure seemed to optimize offensive talent in Den with Manning.

I agree, and am somewhat high on Gase as well. He did very well as an OC. But his main criticism in Miami has been his inability to get the most out of his playmakers. It reminds me of what people were saying about MM and Aaron Jones. If you trust what Landry said about Gase, it should give you some concern about him being an effective HC. I am just not sure If Landry is speaking truth, or out of bias.

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

With last years dumpster fire - why do people keep saying this ?

I've backed out of a job offer I agreed to it after I was counter offered by someone else. Many others have too and its not uncommon or immature. Certainly not a good look and don't enjoy doing it, but it happens when you are presented with new information/incentives to make your decision on.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I've backed out of a job offer I agreed to it after I was counter offered by someone else. Many others have too and its not uncommon or immature. Certainly not a good look and don't want enjoy doing it, but it happens when you are presented with new information/incentives to make your decision on.

I agree I have done the same thing; on a side note I can't help but think with all of these openings someone is going to get hired that has no business being an NFL head coach I hope its not the packers who make that move.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I've backed out of a job offer I agreed to it after I was counter offered by someone else. Many others have too and its not uncommon or immature. Certainly not a good look and don't want enjoy doing it, but it happens when you are presented with new information/incentives to make your decision on.

When you backed out of your job offer, how many men's careers and families did you leave hanging as a result ?

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

A leader of men. 

You can't point to McDaniels successes and disregard his failures. His failures scare the hell out me because they point to NOT being a leader of men. Just because you are a great coordinator does not mean you will be a great head coach. I keep hearing snippets about McDaniels 'greatness' with regard to x's and o's. The only snippets I've heard about McDaniels the man have been horrid. Don't you dare defend his being a bad human being because he was 'only' 30.. Are you serious ? He was also a bad human being last year. What have we heard time and time again about how stressful situations reveal character ? I think McDaniels character has been revealed enough for me. Why have we not heard anything good about McDaniels the man ? McDaniels the teacher ? McDaniels the leader ? Crickets. The problem with hiring McDaniels is that you are getting McDaniels, not Belicheck.

Ask yourself this. When we hear about great head coaches, what are some of their common traits ? How many of those things does McDaniels have ? I'm still at zero.

Like I said, the old guard isn't going to like McDaniels.

Those who prefer a culture fit over an X's and O's guy won't like the idea of McDaniels here.

Do any of these potential head coach candidates have any ties to Josh McCown?  He has played on many teams prior to the Jets and I see him as a future up and coming great offensive mind and QB coach.  Would he work well with Rodgers?

Archived