Week 14 Atlanta @ Green Bay "I Believe"

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

Yea, i'd much rather have an extra o-line, TE, or WR on any given play rather than a second back.  

I don’t think anyone suggested we go to a two back offense. But the reasoning is silly that was mentioned. 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

So what do jones and Williams specialize in they both carry the ball. 

Isn’t Williams our best blitz pick up RB.

Might as well only have them out there for run pkays only. 

I think they are both decent pass catchers when thrown good balls. 

You're better off throwing with 4 targets against a defense who has to respect the possibility of a run. Getting your lineman teed off on because you don't have a back in the backfield isn't good. Better to have him there than to run 5 targets with no backs.

Just have to play the matchups. Very rarely is it a matchup advantage to have 2 RBs. It's an oddball look, not a building block. 

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

I don’t think anyone suggested we go to a two back offense. But the reasoning is silly that was mentioned. 

Why run two backs more than a handful of times with the personnel we have?  We have better blockers/pass catchers elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

Why run two backs more than a handful of times with the personnel we have?  We have better blockers/pass catchers elsewhere.  

A handful is fine. Anything to keep the defense on its toes. I’m all for that not saying run it more. Also I think as I stated our RBs are good pass catchers why not get them involved in the passing game. AG said they can’t catch or block I disagreed and think the shoe of run with the ability to pass from it and use the back is something sorely lacking in our game. But I remember the AGreen years Levens and Bennet years maybe too fondly. 

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I heard a rumor that McCarthy haters are pretty much guaranteed to be Trump supporters. Coincidence? I think not.

Can't we keep the stupid political garbage out of this forum?   There are plenty of places to post this type of stuff without bringing it to a Packer forum.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not just us. Nobody regularly runs a 2 RB set. It's a (dare I say it) outdated philosophy.

ATL ran it a bit more often a few years back but they had two great slashers/pass catchers in the backfield and both were adept at splitting out wide.  

Even then, I agree.  It wasn't run often and it has been an outdated grouping for years.  The only place I see it often is on the high school level.

Archived