Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

That's where the current cut is. With just a few months left, they aren't trimming it much more.

I would sit through a 4 hour movie for this.  Most of these recently are long, but you don't really notice it because they keep them moving.

4 hours ago, Acgott said:
4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

All I know is I'm gonna have to go to this really early because I'm not about to risk having this movie spoiled for me. 

Once April comes around, I am blocking all the trigger words on social media.

I gotta watch the first showing so I can mod the spoiler thread without hating all of you lol

12 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I think they will try to use that dimension to neuter Thanos in a sense

Steve: We've got all the Infinity Stones now, Thanos.

Ant-Man: Yeah, and we added two more precious stones to the collection while we were at it.

Thanos: 

you-neutered.jpg

3 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I would like to see the beginning scene of Endgame have some of the alternate timelines that Dr. Strange saw, or one of the timelines show that they cut off his arm in the battle at Titan and the reality stone negates it

Avengers 3.5: Timelines.

Just a 2 hour movie of different outcomes of all the different timelines, sell as a comedy

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Avengers 3.5: Timelines.

Just a 2 hour movie of different outcomes of all the different timelines, sell as a comedy

Or grab the time stone and be hundreds of hours long that can be easily manipulated to only take up about thirty minutes of real time.  Imagine what studios could do if they showed 3 hour movies and could start them every 30 minutes on each screen in a cinema.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I hope Thanos isn't even outright defeated. I'd like for him to "win" the fight, but be shown that his solution was wrong.

That's an interesting line of thought.

The only way to defeat Thanos is to let him win and see his way isn't better.  Any outcome that led to his defeat would have just led to more death, more destruction, etc as he attempted to fulfill his plan.

Thanos sees it doesn't work, falls on the sword, or even helps the Avengers reverse the outcome.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

The only way to defeat Thanos is to let him win and see his way isn't better.  Any outcome that led to his defeat would have just led to more death, more destruction, etc as he attempted to fulfill his plan.

Thanos sees it doesn't work, falls on the sword, or even helps the Avengers reverse the outcome.

It would just be so different than just about every other comic book movie ending (well, I guess Aquaman just kind of did that), just like Infinity War. Don't kill the villian, show him his infinite wisdom and courage to do the right thing was, in fact, wrong. Defeat him by knocking him off his pedestal. I am 99.9% confident this isn't going to happen, but Thanos is essentially all powerful with the stones still in hand and only Stormbreaker can stand up to him. It's too easy to just have him lose a 2nd brawl.

I like your idea about this being the 1 way, and Dr. Strange knew this, so that's why he gave him the Time Stone. Thanos can't be defeated straight up (as shown in Infinity War twice), but must be shown he was wrong.

I mean it's obvious it didn't work on Earth from the trailers. I just want this movie to be different, and this would be it.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

I think that would be fine for a cartoon but for a movie, people will be like WTF.

Personally I think it would be more ideal that the series ends in more of a stalemate which would conclude the fact that certain people won't be brought back to life. Thanos instead of bending or losing outright ends up losing the Infinity Gauntlet in a battle with the Avengers and everyone. Except the Avengers were only able to undo part of what Thanos accomplished and it turns out to be a bitter sweet defeat for both sides with neither being able to get what they want. The Infinity Gauntlet itself is assumed lost but is eventually found and somehow reforms Nemesis which will lead into the next series of Super Hero movies.

Archived