Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

27 minutes ago, theJ said:

Deus Ex Machina

I expressed this concern before, originally thinking it was going to be Captain Marvel, but Im not as worried about that anymore after seeing her movie. But there is stil a huge fear that they will go with something so simple that really pisses me off in the moment.

My current hope is that its a Trifecta that sacrifices themselves to kill off Thanos.

Duty/Atonement/Vengeance are the motivators that lead Cap/Stark/Nebula to end it

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wasn't one of the early reports about how a good portion of the budget was used with Benedict Cumberbatch at a secret filming location with a very limited crew? I read that and thought Galactus at first (probably not) but if Cumberbatch is working on stuff, I think it's almost guaranteed we'll see the whole team.

My theory: the Soul Stone (in its wisdom) created a 2nd universe, and all of the dusted are there...along with another off screen dusted character, Thanos. 

Yea lots of people are thinking Galactus. But CGI is not that expensive anymore for anyone thing to do. They created multiple Universes and Dormammu in Strange's movie. I am wondering if a sizable portion might mean an entire fight between him and Thanos. Or possibly him communing with Nemesis herself to undo what Thanos has done.

https://bgr.com/2019/03/17/avengers-endgame-spoilers-plot-leaks-tease-real-superhero-death/

This is a possible spoiler link so click with caution.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Think about it - it was only after he teleported that we saw Bucky (the first dusted character) vanish. Everything that happened dust wise was after he was off Earth. We only assume he moved off planet and didn't suffer from his own plan.

Doesn't the snap only affect the planet he wishes it too? If so, and he's teleported off of earth...

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Doesn't the snap only affect the planet he wishes it too? If so, and he's teleported off of earth...

My understanding is that it was the universe - not just the planet. The Guardians were on Titan and vanished.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wasn't one of the early reports about how a good portion of the budget was used with Benedict Cumberbatch at a secret filming location with a very limited crew? I read that and thought Galactus at first (probably not) but if Cumberbatch is working on stuff, I think it's almost guaranteed we'll see the whole team.

Weve also heard Tom Holland speak of how he had alot of lines about the Quantum Realm for these movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Overlooked that for sure. Good point.

I think a universe-wide scene would have been cool, much like when Ego powered up his plan - I really wanted to see what happened to that birthing pod on The Sovereign post-snap. 

Surely Adam Warlock would be able to avoid such a fate?

Im really hoping we get some cool stuff with the time travel/reality jumping that may happen. There was that rumor about the Black Knight making an appearance, that would be pretty sweet as just a one off in Endgame

I also wonder if the "secret" Doctor Strange stuff has anything to do with Namor, who is most likely to be involved with DS2

I wonder at what point Ant-Man escapes from the Quantum Realm? Black Widow's hair throws off everything lol. In the first trailer when he appears outside of the Avenger's base, Black Widow still has her short blonde hair which makes you think he escaped it rather quickly since that was her hair style in Infinity War and we see it becomes noticeably longer in the second trailer. But in that second trailer when he's looking at the pole with all the missing signs, if you notice the house behind him it has a bunch of overgrowth on it like it hasn't been taken care of in years which leads you to believe it's taken him a long time to escape since the snap occurred.

16 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I wonder at what point Ant-Man escapes from the Quantum Realm? Black Widow's hair throws off everything lol. In the first trailer when he appears outside of the Avenger's base, Black Widow still has her short blonde hair which makes you think he escaped it rather quickly since that was her hair style in Infinity War and we see it becomes noticeably longer in the second trailer. But in that second trailer when he's looking at the pole with all the missing signs, if you notice the house behind him it has a bunch of overgrowth on it like it hasn't been taken care of in years which leads you to believe it's taken him a long time to escape since the snap occurred.

TBF, it would only take a couple of months to overgrow a yard like that.  My back yard last year was a testament to that.

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The Russo's just admitted that they filmed scenes just for the trailer again for Endgame, so now we have to take everything in the trailer with grain of salt lol

That's totally what i would do as a director too.  

For Christmas every year i like to wrap gifts in odd boxes that throw off the scent.  I also like to write really bad clues.  Make sure the nosy people have no idea what's coming.

17 hours ago, dtait93 said:

n the first trailer when he appears outside of the Avenger's base, Black Widow still has her short blonde hair which makes you think he escaped it rather quickly since that was her hair style in Infinity War and we see it becomes noticeably longer in the second trailer. But in that second trailer when he's looking at the pole with all the missing signs, if you notice the house behind him it has a bunch of overgrowth on it like it hasn't been taken care of in years which leads you to believe it's taken him a long time to escape since the snap occurred.

You cant take any of those as for sure in the same scene. (especially now) it would be very easy to cut together those "security tapes" to something else they are looking at.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

The Russo's just admitted that they filmed scenes just for the trailer again for Endgame, so now we have to take everything in the trailer with grain of salt lol

For some reason, my first guess are all the tracking shots through Avengers HQ. Possibly even then one we just saw with all of them together in the Quantum Armor

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

For some reason, my first guess are all the tracking shots through Avengers HQ. Possibly even then one we just saw with all of them together in the Quantum Armor

My first thought was the Thor-Captain Marvel scene at the end.