Avengers: Endgame

The Gnat

14 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I hope Thanos isn't even outright defeated. I'd like for him to "win" the fight, but be shown that his solution was wrong.

But hes been doing this for a long time, just on a much smaller scale, and never once has he ever given it a second thought. And if anything, the "evidence" he has seen by doing this only reinforces his beliefs. The Planets he has cleansed have thrived (according to him) and when they didnt listen to him on Titan the planet died...So Im not sure anything he sees will tell him he was wrong (was he?)

The only thing that could bring him around to a change of mind seems to be the loss of Gamora. That is what he could change his mind about, that doing what he has seen as right for the greater good, is overwhelmed by his love for possibly the only person he has ever purely loved. Do you think that is the message they are going to go with? Making all the efforts of the Avengers completely moot? I doubt it.

But I could see his regret and even possibly attempts to work the system with the Stones to get Gamora back, could lead to his demise, and the only real reason our Hero's can defeat him. Which doesnt mean killing him either, just undoing the Snap.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, theJ said:

That's an interesting line of thought.

The only way to defeat Thanos is to let him win and see his way isn't better.  Any outcome that led to his defeat would have just led to more death, more destruction, etc as he attempted to fulfill his plan.

Thanos sees it doesn't work, falls on the sword, or even helps the Avengers reverse the outcome.

Nah, He's gotta go or else they will have to call security on me in the theater because I'm not.going.to.leave.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:43 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

in the shot where its nat, banner, cap, hidden figure and war machine outside, I'm starting to think that its probably Rocket. My other guess is Hawkeye is the hidden figure and Ronin is a different hawkeye from another time/realm that they will visit.

Ronin could also be a Skrull.  Have to remember that with them being introduced as having been on the planet since the 90's in Captain Marvel, that there will remain the possibility that one or some of the Avengers have been doppleganged by Skrulls (it's happened before in both the comics and cartoons).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The LBC said:

Ronin could also be a Skrull.  Have to remember that with them being introduced as having been on the planet since the 90's in Captain Marvel, that there will remain the possibility that one or some of the Avengers have been doppleganged by Skrulls (it's happened before in both the comics and cartoons).

So with the Skrulls - do they kill the original or keep them imprisoned somewhere?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

- Looks like Tony and Nebula were the ones photoshopped out of the corridor scene previously. 

- Nebula, Ant Man, and Captain America look like they're at the place where maybe the final conflict takes place. Captain America is also wearing his WW2 gear, and shield. 

- I'm starting to wonder how much screen time, if any, the erased characters will get. If they even fight or whatever once things are brought back. I'm starting to guess no. 

- Looks like Scott came out in the modern day. 

- Marvel basically waited like a week after Captain Marvel came out to release this trailer. I was starting to wonder how they were going to time this, since I'm sure they wanted their latest film to be on everyone's minds, but also show the Endgame trailer with enough time before the film comes out. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

- Looks like Tony and Nebula were the ones photoshopped out of the corridor scene previously. 

- Nebula, Ant Man, and Captain America look like they're at the place where maybe the final conflict takes place. Captain America is also wearing his WW2 gear, and shield. 

- I'm starting to wonder how much screen time, if any, the erased characters will get. If they even fight or whatever once things are brought back. I'm starting to guess no. 

- Marvel basically waited like a week after Captain Marvel came out to release this trailer. I was starting to wonder how they were going to time this, since I'm sure they wanted their latest film to be on everyone's minds, but also show the Endgame trailer with enough time before the film comes out. 

I think they are also releasing photos of the movie next week in entertainment weekly so they probably wanted to release the trailer before hand.

Yeah I think the dusted characters will have little to no screen time but really who knows...

It seems like the final conflict is in NY..how fitting.

37 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

She’s not worthy

its not mjolnir, not sure she has to be. As far as I know they didnt cast a worthy spell on Stormbreaker. 

56 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Marvel basically waited like a week after Captain Marvel came out to release this trailer. I was starting to wonder how they were going to time this, since I'm sure they wanted their latest film to be on everyone's minds, but also show the Endgame trailer with enough time before the film comes out. 

They probably figured half a billion worldwide in one week was a good benchmark to start promoting the next one lol