Spiderman: Far from home

NcFinest9erFan

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I think that’s the biggest blemish on their movie properties and they’ll want to rectify that the most tbh.  Just please make it an inter-dimensional adventure movie and not an origin story.  Spielberg would be the home run hire but JJ Abrams would be great (both unlikely).  I know John Krasinski and Emily Blunt have publicly campaigned for the roles of Reed and Sue and I’m totally onboard with that.  

I could see that point of view.  Also agree in that I think they should handle it like Spider-Man and not do the origin story.  Not such about the directors.  I think Waititi would be great for them, could see Abrams too.  Abrams might be a bit too serious though.  

I'd be all for Krasinski and Blunt in those roles.   

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I could see that point of view.  Also agree in that I think they should handle it like Spider-Man and not do the origin story.  Not such about the directors.  I think Waititi would be great for them, could see Abrams too.  Abrams might be a bit too serious though.  

I'd be all for Krasinski and Blunt in those roles.   

I’d love to see Waititi and his sense of humor on Spider-Man.  Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 certainly had their issues but Andrew Garfield nailed the sarcastic Spidey.  I miss that and I think he would nail that aspect.  I’m actually one of very few apparently who has Ragnarok near the lower middle of my favorite MCU movies.  It didn’t feel like a Thor movie to me as it was too damn silly at times.  I want a Thor movie that feels more like Braveheart or Troy than GotG

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I’d love to see Waititi and his sense of humor on Spider-Man.  Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 certainly had their issues but Andrew Garfield nailed the sarcastic Spidey.  I miss that and I think he would nail that aspect.  I’m actually one of very few apparently who has Ragnarok near the lower middle of my favorite MCU movies.  It didn’t feel like a Thor movie to me as it was too damn silly at times.  I want a Thor movie that feels more like Braveheart or Troy than GotG

I always thought that Maguire nailed Parker, Garfield nailed SpiderMan, and Holland has nailed both.  I think they've done a good job making Holland as talkative as Spidey should be, but I figure he will be a bit more snarky and sarcastic as he gets older.

Part of why i liked Ragnarok is cause they've shown a progression with Thor.  He's gone from super serious to more freed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is Krasinski and Blunt as stretchy guy and invisible face the first unanimously agreed upon great casting selection of all-time? 

It might be. 

Now who gets to play the Human Torch and Thing?

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Does anyone else just not have any motivation to see this movie after seeing the Avengers series conclude, or is it just me?

I definitely have this as well.  It's why I really hope Marvel teases their future really soon.  Right now there's nothing to look forward to, and everything pales in comparison to Infinity War/Endgame.  They really need to get me invested again because solo movies just don't do it for me right now.  It's why I literally could not care less about the DC movies since there's no bigger picture, no greater reason/meaning behind their movies.

They really have to tease X-Men and make them a priority because Elementals, that Kung Fu movie (I effing HATE martial arts movies), and a bunch of solo sequels will not hold my interest. 

Sure, I'm going to see Spider-Man.  Spider-Man: Homecoming is one of the best Marvel movies there is, but now it just feels like the whole story is trivial without having elements that lead to something more. 

I don't think it's Marvel fatigue, I think it's the opposite.  They've set the bar extremely high with Infinity War and Endgame, and I see their sales declining sharply. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I definitely have this as well.  It's why I really hope Marvel teases their future really soon.  Right now there's nothing to look forward to, and everything pales in comparison to Infinity War/Endgame.  They really need to get me invested again because solo movies just don't do it for me right now.  It's why I literally could not care less about the DC movies since there's no bigger picture, no greater reason/meaning behind their movies.

They really have to tease X-Men and make them a priority because Elementals, that Kung Fu movie (I effing HATE martial arts movies), and a bunch of solo sequels will not hold my interest. 

Sure, I'm going to see Spider-Man.  Spider-Man: Homecoming is one of the best Marvel movies there is, but now it just feels like the whole story is trivial without having elements that lead to something more. 

I don't think it's Marvel fatigue, I think it's the opposite.  They've set the bar extremely high with Infinity War and Endgame, and I see their sales declining sharply. 

Trust me, I have a feeling FFH's post-credit scene is gonna be amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

i got it...Cast a new human torch but because of the multiverse they can bring in not only Chris Evans' Human torch but also Michael B Jordan's human torch...

omg please no lol

• Like 1

Can't see them going with the obvious casting of Jim Halpert and Emily Blunt. It'd be cool, but neither seems to fit how they cast. They seem to go for the under the radar actors for the bigger roles. Fans couldn't have really guessed any of the castings for the MCU movies up to this point. At least none of them seemed like no-brainers other than Iron Man (but that was more after the fact than anything else).

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Can't see them going with the obvious casting of Jim Halpert and Emily Blunt. It'd be cool, but neither seems to fit how they cast. They seem to go for the under the radar actors for the bigger roles. Fans couldn't have really guessed any of the castings for the MCU movies up to this point. At least none of them seemed like no-brainers other than Iron Man (but that was more after the fact than anything else).

I dont see it as a trend really. Benedict Crumbsinhisstach was at the height of his popularity when he got Doc Strange. I started listing a bunch of actors in the MCU who were big names prior to it but the list was long. I think there is an even keel of up-in-commers and name brand actors being cast in the MCU. They did just cast Angelina Jolie in Eternals.