2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

It’s going to come down to risk. If I was Macc I’d take a risk with a offensive young mind. If he doesn’t make this team significantly better after this offseason and draft and season he’s gone anyway. So might as well take a risk. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

McCarthy doesn’t bring much excitement to me. I just don’t see the upside there however he’s experienced so there’s little to no learning on the job for him. 

In that regard him and Gase have edges over other candidates. 

However I’ve seen one with the best QB ever from a talent perspective and the other with the most cerebral QB ever. 

I think the experience is key here. As much as i like KK, EB and Monken my fear is they wont be able to get a legit defensive coordinator. And that would be annoying. At least McCarthy and Gase could....even if their schemes are a little dated. 

The interesting thing about this coaching search is that there isn’t across the board interest in any candidate. The only two possibly are Bieniemy and Dan Campbell.

GB is really interested in McDaniels who is only also being courted by Cleveland. 

Cle seems to be interested in either retaining their own guys or McCarthy/Campbell/McDaniels.

Of the four guys who seem to be getting most support from Jets fans (Bieniemy, Monken, McCarthy, Kingsbury) only Bieniemy has more than 2 interviews. McCarthy is only tied to the Jets and Cleveland. Monken is only tied to the Jets and Cincy. And Kingsbury is only tied to the Jets and Zona.

Seems like Arizona is not a desirable place as McCarthy and Bieniemy have turned down interviews. 

The Jets are going to get one of their top choices for sure. 

I think the first meaningful shoe to drop is going to be Cleveland. I think they will either get McCarthy or promote Kitchens. GB is all in on McDaniels. That’s their guy. 

I’m thinking the Jets land Monken or Kingsbury by mid next week.

23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The interesting thing about this coaching search is that there isn’t across the board interest in any candidate. The only two possibly are Bieniemy and Dan Campbell.

GB is really interested in McDaniels who is only also being courted by Cleveland. 

Cle seems to be interested in either retaining their own guys or McCarthy/Campbell/McDaniels.

Of the four guys who seem to be getting most support from Jets fans (Bieniemy, Monken, McCarthy, Kingsbury) only Bieniemy has more than 2 interviews. McCarthy is only tied to the Jets and Cleveland. Monken is only tied to the Jets and Cincy. And Kingsbury is only tied to the Jets and Zona.

Seems like Arizona is not a desirable place as McCarthy and Bieniemy have turned down interviews. 

The Jets are going to get one of their top choices for sure. 

Yeah, and it's probably harder for them now to pick out of all these coaches. I think McCarthy will get the offer because of his experience, SB, and experience with Rodgers who is also dangerous when rolling out of the pocket. The wildcards to me are Monken and Richard. If The Cowboys play well and he pitches his knowledge on QBs as a passing coordinator, he's the only one out of all these coaches that can say he can handle both sides of the ball. 

Hiring coordinators doesn't bring me much excitement cconsidering its what we always do and always fail. 

Mike McCarthy would be a great hire. He is a QB guy, and brings experience He has a history of winning. If we want to  go look hoping we get the next young hot shot coach, go for it but the Jets history of hiring coordinators has been bad. Its literally a crap shoot. With Mccarthy you know what you are getting, a HC who has plenty of experience and has won a SB before. He would give us a EXPERIENCED coach who KNOWS how to develop a QB to help mold Darnold. 

The feud between Mccarthy and Rodgers is that at this point Rodgers is arrogant cause hes Rodgers and has put up amazing stats, then Mccarthy wanting to be a coach. I think Mccarthy would be interested in molding a young QB. 

I just don't trust the Jets hiring a young coordinator or college coach, I rather hire a sure thing. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Hiring coordinators doesn't bring me much excitement cconsidering its what we always do and always fail. 

Mike McCarthy would be a great hire. He is a QB guy, and brings experience He has a history of winning. If we want to  go look hoping we get the next young hot shot coach, go for it but the Jets history of hiring coordinators has been bad. Its literally a crap shoot. With Mccarthy you know what you are getting, a HC who has plenty of experience and has won a SB before. He would give us a EXPERIENCED coach who KNOWS how to develop a QB to help mold Darnold. 

The feud between Mccarthy and Rodgers is that at this point Rodgers is arrogant cause hes Rodgers and has put up amazing stats, then Mccarthy wanting to be a coach. I think Mccarthy would be interested in molding a young QB. 

I just don't trust the Jets hiring a young coordinator or college coach, I rather hire a sure thing. 

McCarthy is no sure thing. The stubbornness is also something I'm not 100% comfortable with because here you have the greatest QB ever and you're limiting him. 

19 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, and it's probably harder for them now to pick out of all these coaches. I think McCarthy will get the offer because of his experience, SB, and experience with Rodgers who is also dangerous when rolling out of the pocket. The wildcards to me are Monken and Richard. If The Cowboys play well and he pitches his knowledge on QBs as a passing coordinator, he's the only one out of all these coaches that can say he can handle both sides of the ball. 

Richard is a dark horse for sure. Cincy is likely going to higher Hue. So we could possibly be able to bring in Monken as OC since he is only generating interest from the Jets and Cincy. Same with Kingsbury. Rosen doesn’t come off a the type of QB he would want. So we can likely get him as a OC as well. If we were to hire Richard, it would be interesting to know who he would want as OC. I’m thinking the Jets FO will try and influence that decision.

Only retread I'd want is McCarthy.  He reminds me of the coaching version of Leonard Williams.  Every metric says he's a pretty solid player but never really has the great resume to back it up (even though MM's is pretty good).  MM is a solid coach high floor coach that you know he can be a stable force to your organization but I just don't think he will be that guy to come in a transform the offense like some of these modern day guys like Monken and Kingbury.  I mean how much is Rodgers and how much was MM.  That can be said about both their success and their failures.  He's only worked with A-Rod his entire career.  They also have bust potential though as a HC so you have risk there where you limit yourself some with McCarthy.

I would prefer to take a big swing and take a shot on Kingsbury and hope for the best.  His offense has been special wherever he's been and his track record with QB's is just scary good.  I see no reason why we don't go all in on him and hope him and Sam form the next great HC/QB combo.  I completely understand wanting a guy with a track record like McCarthy but I can't help but get excited about the innovation and influence KK can have on our young QB. 

Pretty much out on Gase and Caldwell at this point.  I'm down to Kingsbury or McCarthy and would be happy with either but prefer KK.

The only way I want KK is if we are somehow guaranteed an excellent proven DC. Otherwise I don’t see it working

I do prefer him over Caldwell and probably even Gase. Caldwell is uninspiring and Gase has question marks. Monken intrigues me most though as far as coordinators go.

If it was down to Todd Monken and Kliff Kingsbury then I would prefer Monken to the latter one. Monken has been around NFL long enough to know coaches, how to deal with veterans and an essence of meaningfully addressing on weakness.  KK likes to work with young players and that's it.  Imagine Jets overstock the roster with FA veterans, do we need to count on a blind luck like KK?  

Archived