SNF - Rams @ Bears

RamRod

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Sigh I said we dont know what the future is going to hold and we dont, but pretend like you do, go ahead

You can hold onto that argument for as long as you want, friend. I think you’d be making a huge mistake. Mahomes is the real deal. I don’t need to wait 2-3 to know that. There is nothing about his game that is a potential fluke.

7 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Yea, when they're in the hail mary, especially right before half they don't hurt us. 

Gonna need more play action to set up the run. Doing it the McVay way tonight. 

We need the run to set up the play action.

7 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Derwin James has an argument 

It also helps that (not taking anything away from the performances of Jackson and James, just stating fact) this is happening at a time when guys like Earl Thomas and Eric Berry are out injured.

Again, the performances the youngins are putting up is fantastic, just not sure it would seem as special if several of the other special players at the position aren't there to provide context (thus the contrast to the rest of the players at the position seems more extreme).

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Mahomes on the Bears and the Bears would win the SB imo.

For the 1000th time, if you reverse the picks you reverse everybody's situation.  Mahomes doesnt get developed by Reid, Nagy, and get to sit behind Alex Smith.  Instead he is coached by Dowell "Tarik Cohen cant be on the field bc hes drawing double teams" Loggains with John Fox as his head coach stepping into the starting job in week 5 of his rookie year against Last Years Vikings.  This is stupid discussion bc we dont know the future and we dont know what either guy would have been or done if the situations were reversed.

2 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

No idea who that would be.....  :ph34r:

You should have seen the Bears forums before that draft, there where very few of us banging the drum for mahomes. People called me crazy when I talked about taking him on a trade down, let alone taking him outright at #3 overall. 

Trubisky has honestly been better than I expected, but Mahomes was the one I wanted, and even the name I expected when we traded up to 2.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

It also helps that (not taking anything away from the performances of Jackson and James, just stating fact) this is happening at a time when guys like Earl Thomas and Eric Berry are out injured.

Again, the performances the youngins are putting up is fantastic, just not sure it would seem as special if several of the other special players at the position aren't there to provide context (thus the contrast to the rest of the players at the position seems more extreme).

Berry always makes me sad. That dude is average injury luck away from being the best safety in NFL history.

Archived