The Official Thread of the Transfer Portal

naptownskinsfan

On 1/5/2021 at 9:42 PM, mse326 said:

If the reason in that article is correct you're basically looking at UGA, Clemson, Auburn as the big programs that are reasonably close to Marietta (if I have my geography right)

It's probably going to be UGA. They've been recruiting him all year.

Quite the transfer list this year. No major hits outside Wanya Morris transferring out, but it's still more than you'd expect from a coach going into year 4. Shawn Shamburger, Deandre Johnson (Miami), Ty Chandler (UNC), Guarantano (WSU), Shrout (Colorado). Sheesh.

Hendon Hooker from VT transferred in though.

22 hours ago, mse326 said:

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2021/1/20/22241481/henry-too-too-eric-gray-quavaris-crouch-transfer-portal-tennessee-vols-football

Vols unsurprisingly are facing a rash of transfers. 

Wouldn't shock me at all to see To'o To'o land with the Tide. I was surprised he didn't sign with them as a recruit

Local guys are saying the names transferring were likely told they were going to have eligibility issues due to the investigation by staying. Not sure how transferring gets them out of that though.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Any Penn State fans want to enlighten me on Micah Bowens?

He’s tiny and has a throwing motion that only a mother could love. An unrefined playground runner type QB. Much more of a fit for the Big 12 than the BigTen as far as offensive style. But in reality he should be nothing more for you guys than someone who comes in for blowouts and rounds out the depth chart numbers in the room while the true QB studs like Rattler and Williams take the reins.

Edited by BigD88