Dak Prescott should take 18-21 million per year, not 28 million.

Kiwibrown

I swear everytime someone shouts "GIVE US A TEAM DISCOUNT" they never do the actual math. 

The cap space does not make a difference unless it's managed terribly and even then that's on the GM/FO not the player.

4 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Brady uncoincidentally wouldnt make the most money in his own family even IF HE DID take top dollar that the market has to offer. Brady wasn't going to be the breadwinner of that family regardless, so I don't think he cares quite as much. 

I'm pretty sure Dak doesn't have that same luxury. 

Let's say he does take less money. The Cowboys at the absolute best would only become marginally better with an extra 7-10M of cap space. 

Don't think he started dating Giselle until 2006. So that's after like 3 SB rings and he still didn't demand top dollar.

I agree with OP.

At the end of the day what is really the difference between 80 million over 4 years as opposed to 100 million? What the hell do you want to do with 100m that you can't possibly do with 80?

With 80 million You can own 45 houses, 57 cars,a luxury yacht, a small plane, put 16 children through college, travel the world 9 times and give each and every one of your closest friends and family $100,000.

With 100 million you can do all that plus another 25%..

I'd rather finish my career with 80 mil in the bank and 2 rings rather than 100 m and no rings.

37 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

I agree with OP.

At the end of the day what is really the difference between 80 million over 4 years as opposed to 100 million? What the hell do you want to do with 100m that you can't possibly do with 80?

With 80 million You can own 45 houses, 57 cars,a luxury yacht, a small plane, put 16 children through college, travel the world 9 times and give each and every one of your closest friends and family $100,000.

I'd rather finish my career with 80 mil in the bank and 2 rings rather than 100 m and no rings.

20 million dollars in the bank, also there's no guarantee you can get 2 rings.

Also....80 million....plus 20 million.... would be 20% of the total money. That's throwing away 20% of your potential income, if Dak ever sees 3/5th of that because of an injury no one saw coming.

People forget NFL players have taxes, insurance, healthcare costs, family, travel expenses etc etc. Taxes and healthcare after they retire more than likely being the main reason why like ( I forget but a scary number of players file for bankruptcy) 

Like I get it, but don't ask someone to throw away $$$ because it's "for the good of the team" when we all know 99.5% of NFL fans would say no to a paycut at their job that was optional.

1 hour ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

I agree with OP.

What is with the pocket watching garbage??????

I think Dak is a garbage qb but he should get as much money as he can on the open market.

Why should Dak take less? Sure he’s not worth $28m but that’s what it’s gonna cost more than likely. Why should a 4th round pick who won ROY making nothing take less to be the Dallas Hotboys QB? 

Let me say this if I hired you and was almost forced to match a $280k a year salary would you take $180-210k out of the goodness of your heart to save the company resources?

Archived