More Appealing for Head Coaches - Cleveland or Green Bay?

DawgX

Most Appealing Option For Potential Head Coaches  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Cleveland or Green Bay?

• Cleveland
    • Green Bay

Baker Mayfield is a version of Russell Wilson, Brett Favre, and ultimately Drew Brees. If I could have one franchise right now, be the head coach of Green Bay or Cleveland, I'm going to Cleveland.

Baker Mayfield is Nick Mullens :P

I'm being facetious in that regard, of course, just wanted to poke some fun there, but I Think ultimately, I'm still going with Green Bay. I like the stability of the franchise for one - that really helps. Even  if Rodgers isn't god mode Rodgers any more, he's still one of the best quarterbacks in football and as good as Baker is, there's no guarantee he even gets to the point that Rodgers is now, and I think having Rodgers offers a really strong start to my tenure as head coach (assuming that I am confident in my abilities as coach, of course). Plus, if I'm an offensive guy, I likely get to choose and groom my own successor, which is a big thing on the ego of head coaches I think. Both teams have money to burn, the Packers have two first round picks. Cleveland obviously has the younger core, but with Green Bay, I think you get to be more of a be your own builder. Guys like Cobb, Matthews, Mo Wilk aren't likely to be back next year, so you can fill the roster with more of your own guys I think. 

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Well if I'm a potential coach and I want the better fanbase, I'm going Cleveland ten times out of nine.

500_F_186067831_i5JxK6BwVhlfuo6tNZGd0o5m

That's awesome !

Do you wanna work for Jimmy "Trigger-Finger" Haslam or a publicly owned franchise with no owner ?
Both are very attractive jobs, one has the superior Superior

19 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

That's awesome !

Do you wanna work for Jimmy "Trigger-Finger" Haslam or a publicly owned franchise with no owner ?
Both are very attractive jobs, one has the superior Superior

^--See what I'm saying about those fans? 

They're the worst!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Even  if Rodgers isn't god mode Rodgers any more, he's still one of the best quarterbacks in football and as good as Baker is, there's no guarantee he even gets to the point that Rodgers is now, and I think having Rodgers offers a really strong start to my tenure as head coach (assuming that I am confident in my abilities as coach, of course).

Bro, Baker is already better than Rodgers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Coaching Rodgers is like coaching Lebron James.

This is potentially true, but I don't really have enough to support that. I don't know if Rodgers was being malcontent and is only about doing things his way, or if he was just sick of McCarthy. 

If you were looking for a manager job in your field with the same salary and benefits and you have 2 options:

Option 1:

• company owner has a history of interfering with your and your boss' job
  • owner has a history of firing for not seeing immediate results, but showed improvement with the last person in your role
  • great group of young employees with a bright future
  • great fans

Option 2: 

• there is no owner, and there is a long history of no interference with doing your job 
  • employees are older and past a few years unsure of what employee pool will look like

You can make an argument either way, but I don't think there's any way I would choose Haslam as my boss than the Packers situation. I'm not sure why everyone is leaning so heavily on the roster construction rather than the ownership structure. 

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

This is easily Green Bay.

For all of their problems, GB is still 12th in DVOA. They still have Rodgers in his prime and a couple nice young pieces around him. With the right moves, they could easily win the division next year. 

A owner can make or break the deal. I dont think people realize how much control a HC can have in GB as opposed to some other places. Most here think the owner is just gonna be Robert Kraft and hands off letting them do what they want. But more then likely its gonna be a Jerry Jones who interferes too much. Or their Bob McNair hire a GM and let the two Duke it out for supremacy. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:
1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Bro, Baker is already better than Rodgers.

Okay. 

He is joking, but if you watch Mayfield every game he really can't get much better. Even early in the year with Hue when he had time to throw those long transpiring routes he was still deadly accurate and on time. He didn't see a defender in the Houston game, and tried to squeeze a ball in that he shouldn't have but both were still on target, the other pick was the only bad throw and I'm not even sure what he was trying to do there besides let his big T.E. make a play.

He is almost robotic, if he just plays like he has this year, never improves (there isn't much room really) for the rest of his career he will be in the HOF.