TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

35 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The refs were on your side during your 4th TD drive. They were equally horrible to both sides. Whether it's because they were doing make up flags for penalty that they were missed, both teams suffered equally IMO.

Yeah, they were calling tick tack calls all night. It was bad, but acting like the refs favored one team over the other is dumb.

16 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, they were calling tick tack calls all night. It was bad, but acting like the refs favored one team over the other is dumb.

Not all flags are created equal. Refs don't have to favor one team or the other to turn the tide in one team's favor. 

That's what makes football so exciting, one play can completely change the outcome of a game. It's unfortunate that some of those changes come in the forms of flags, but that's the nature of the beast I guess 

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Another memorable interview by Phil: "You hold this team to 28 points when your knucklehead quarterback gives them the ball at the 40, and then throws another pick in the redzone...." xD Never change Phil. Never change.

I listened to some of his interview after the game and commented on earlier in the thread. Had never really listened to him interview before. It was enjoyable. He was more personable then you would think just watching him play, and pretty excitable

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I listened to some of his interview after the game and commented on earlier in the thread. Had never really listened to him interview before. It was enjoyable. He was more personable then you would think just watching him play, and pretty excitable

He really is a great person. Sadly he was painted as a villain many years ago and a lot of people see his on field antics as annoying. Thing is, his passion for the game is beyond crazy. He is and always has been quite the character which is just another reason I've followed him since his days at NC State. 

2 hours ago, Zappaz said:

He really is a great person. Sadly he was painted as a villain many years ago and a lot of people see his on field antics as annoying. Thing is, his passion for the game is beyond crazy. He is and always has been quite the character which is just another reason I've followed him since his days at NC State. 

Was he? Why? UK doesn't get all the NFL coverage - especially ten years ago - was there some scandal or something?

I've always loved Rivers, he's fiery and wants to win, but I've never seen him cross a line and it's not like he's afraid to take the blame when they lose.

39 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Was he? Why? UK doesn't get all the NFL coverage - especially ten years ago - was there some scandal or something?

I think he was (wrongfully) villified for talking a bit of trash to Jay Cutler after an INT (when Cutler was with Denver).

It's completely off base - Rivers is intense, he bleeds for his teammates and shows no mercy to anyone who isn't his teammate. Tom Brady is basically the same person in this sense (and is also villified for it) but it's the one thing I love and respect about their game the most.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think he was (wrongfully) villified for talking a bit of trash to Jay Cutler after an INT (when Cutler was with Denver).

It's completely off base - Rivers is intense, he bleeds for his teammates and shows no mercy to anyone who isn't his teammate. Tom Brady is basically the same person in this sense (and is also villified for it) but it's the one thing I love and respect about their game the most.

This. Cutler grabbed his crotch at Rivers and Rivers waved bye to him after Cuddles went three and out. It was childish and borderline taunting but was a response to Cutler acting like Cutler. 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

One difference though is that Rivers does not curse at all. Gosh darn it just doesn't have that same sting.. haha

Archived