TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

While everyone was talking about Stephen A. Smith before the game, I posted that I thought the Chargers were the better overall team.  They have a great chance to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  I'm assuming that both Gordon and Allen come back during the postseason, if not sooner? 

2 hours ago, Buckweath said:

The Chiefs had no business eating the clock. On the contrary, they had to stay agressive and score more points. They had to know 28 points might very well not be enough.

This is a game that made it clear for me that McVay is a better HC than Reid IMO.

We were up by 7. We shoukdve eaten clocl and won the game.

Reid stays to aggressive and it costs us. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

While everyone was talking about Stephen A. Smith before the game, I posted that I thought the Chargers were the better overall team.  They have a great chance to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.  I'm assuming that both Gordon and Allen come back during the postseason, if not sooner? 

Not sure what Allen's injury is yet. I would expect Gordon back next week. He has almost been ready to go last night. Mcl sprains are typically 2-4 week recovery time, he is right at like 3 weeks right now (20 days or something)

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Allen might be out for the playoffs and if im not mistaken Henry has a chance to come back soon.. Gordon is gonna Gordon

Great that Gordon is coming back and hopefully Allen can come back as well.  It sucks what happened with Kareem Hunt.  When he got cut, he was the third leading rusher in the league.  The Chiefs sure could have used him last night.  Unfortunate. 

Will be interesting to see if KC can beat Seattle in Seattle this week. If they lose then it will be up to the Chargers to go on the road in Denver in Week 17 and get a win which will be no easy game. 

I don’t think the Chargers will lose to Baltimore next week (although not an easy game either) and I definitely don’t think the Chiefs will lose to the Raiders in Kansas City. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Will be interesting to see if KC can beat Seattle in Seattle this week. If they lose then it will be up to the Chargers to go on the road in Denver in Week 17 and get a win which will be no easy game. 

I don’t think the Chargers will lose to Baltimore next week (although not an easy game either) and I definitely don’t think the Chiefs will lose to the Raiders in Kansas City. 

The Chiefs @ Seattle game is really interesting.  Seattle is still one of the best home field advantages in the sport and the team has been extremely hot lately.  The played the Chargers a few weeks back in Seattle and they honestly should have won that game.  Russell Wilson threw an unforced pick 6 directly to a Chargers defender in the 2nd half and Moore dropped a last second TD that hit him right in the hands.

I'm still shocked at how the Vikings could not score or even throw the football against the Seahawks secondary.  Their secondary has been the weak link on the defensive unit over the past 4-5 weeks and defending the Chiefs will be extremely difficult.  Unlike the Vikings, the Chiefs actually have a really good QB to utilize those great weapons.  Losing Kareem Hunt totally changes the Chiefs offense.  No need to respect their running game anymore or the threat that Hunt gave them as a receiver.  Kelce, Hill and those guys can now have extra coverage their way.

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure what Allen's injury is yet. I would expect Gordon back next week. He has almost been ready to go last night. Mcl sprains are typically 2-4 week recovery time, he is right at like 3 weeks right now (20 days or something)

Yeah, I originally thought Gordon would sit out the rest of the year. But I think he gives it a go next week. Now, they might sit him in week 17 against Denver if the Chiefs win against Seattle, because that would mean there is a 95% chance KC takes the number one seed. 

53 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, I originally thought Gordon would sit out the rest of the year. But I think he gives it a go next week. Now, they might sit him in week 17 against Denver if the Chiefs win against Seattle, because that would mean there is a 95% chance KC takes the number one seed. 

I think MG3 won't sit the rest of the regular season if there's a clear chance they can win the #1 seed.    

FWIW, most players don't stay on the sideline for the entire game if it's a serious injury.  I suspect it's a hip pointer for Allen, which is usually just an issue of pain tolerance, and with 10 days of rest, he has an excellent chance of being good to go.  Which I hope is the case, as I'll need him next week lol (talk about good fortune, played Damien Williams & Keenan Allen, so still alive).

4 hours ago, Buckweath said:

The Chiefs had no business eating the clock. On the contrary, they had to stay agressive and score more points. They had to know 28 points might very well not be enough.

This is a game that made it clear for me that McVay is a better HC than Reid IMO.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

We were up by 7. We shoukdve eaten clocl and won the game.

Reid stays to aggressive and it costs us. 

I feel like this right here proves my point that people just criticize Reid regardless. Seriously, one of you think he was too conservative, the other thinks he was too aggressive. The play calling was fine, they just didn't execute. All 3 plays were completions/runs/sacks, so the clock kept running. Two of them were passes, so you can't say he was super conservative. The play calling was fine. The defense being total garbage costs us. The fact that people are freaking out about one 3 and out while the defense allowed 3 TDs in 4 drives is absurd.

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think MG3 won't sit the rest of the regular season if there's a clear chance they can win the #1 seed.    

FWIW, most players don't stay on the sideline for the entire game if it's a serious injury.  I suspect it's a hip pointer for Allen, which is usually just an issue of pain tolerance, and with 10 days of rest, he has an excellent chance of being good to go.  Which I hope is the case, as I'll need him next week lol (talk about good fortune, played Damien Williams & Keenan Allen, so still alive).

Chao on twitter seems to suggest Keenan likely sits out this week. 

10 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Chao on twitter seems to suggest Keenan likely sits out this week. 

Most are able to play if they have 7-10 days, but it's fair to say it must have been on the more severe side of things to have missed the game.   Guess we'll see as next week's practice attendance declares itself.

27 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Most are able to play if they have 7-10 days, but it's fair to say it must have been on the more severe side of things to have missed the game.   Guess we'll see as next week's practice attendance declares itself.

Yeah, Keenan is a tough dude, so I expect him to play. But you might want to have a back up plan for fantasy just in case. 

51 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I feel like this right here proves my point that people just criticize Reid regardless. Seriously, one of you think he was too conservative, the other thinks he was too aggressive. The play calling was fine, they just didn't execute. All 3 plays were completions/runs/sacks, so the clock kept running. Two of them were passes, so you can't say he was super conservative. The play calling was fine. The defense being total garbage costs us. The fact that people are freaking out about one 3 and out while the defense allowed 3 TDs in 4 drives is absurd.

In all of our losses this year weve had a failure of closing out games. Eating clock and getting out with a win.

Execution of course is a problem, but this is a known Andy Reid issue. Colts/titans in the playoffs comes to mind among other games as well.

Isnt execution also on the coaches? If your players aren't consistently executing in crunch time over years that's gotta fall on coaching at Some point.

Archived