TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So, question. In NFL history, do you genuinely believe there have only been 88 games where a team led by 14+ with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter?

Teams have come back from down 14 that late a ton of times in NFL history. This was just the first one this year. And you're saying it has never happened.

Anyway, your shtick is already old. Every thread, every chance you get, you trash Mahomes for random and arbitrary reasons. He had so very, very little to do with that 14 point comeback. Dude ran two pass plays after we were up 28-14. One was 5 yard completion. The other was a basically instant sack. What you're saying is non-sense in regards to what absolutely happened. He wasn't attempting tough throws late in the game. He wasn't being reckless or trying too hard. He threw a 5 yard completion, and then the rush got to him immediately. The narrative you're spinning makes it sound like you didn't watch the game. 

I dont know what to tell you about the facts. If you want to believe it or not then its you.

As for Mahomes, you act like I hate the guy. I just think that he can do better in late game situations. Regardless of how the narrative is, you cant allow what happened last night to happen. I refuse to believe the Chargers won that game, the Chiefs lost it. Now thats not taking anything away from the Chargers. Its something to be said about getting over your demons but to do it that way is amazing. Like the Red Sox breaking their long curse and they did it by coming from down 0-3 and beating the Yankees. Thats like last season the Rams grabbing a hold of the NFC West from the Seahawks. They did it by going into Seattle and beating the down 42-7 which is still shocking because that just doesnt happen to them in that stadium by anyone. So Im not taking anything away from the Chargers but the Chiefs had control of that game and Im not letting Mahomes off the hook regardless of what the narrative is or try to be. Im not out to bash Mahomes but Im not going to gloss over things about him either. The Chiefs lost twice this season in situations that have never happened before in NFL history. If you want to believe that to be true or not its you. Im just saying if Mahomes is the great young QB and the MVP which I believe is to be true too, I expect better from him. I expect to see in situations like last night to be a wrap with him. I dont expect to look up and see the Chargers walking off the field winners. Brady, Brees, ARod in those exact situations, walk off as winners not losers. You cant convince me otherwise. Again though the great thing is this is a learning experience for the QB who doesnt even have a full season worth of games under his belt. As someone said though, if the Chiefs beat Seattle then this tough loss is pointless in terms of the division and seeding. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont know what to tell you about the facts. If you want to believe it or not then its you.

As for Mahomes, you act like I hate the guy. I just think that he can do better in late game situations. Regardless of how the narrative is, you cant allow what happened last night to happen. I refuse to believe the Chargers won that game, the Chiefs lost it. Now thats not taking anything away from the Chargers. Its something to be said about getting over your demons but to do it that way is amazing. Like the Red Sox breaking their long curse and they did it by coming from down 0-3 and beating the Yankees. Thats like last season the Rams grabbing a hold of the NFC West from the Seahawks. They did it by going into Seattle and beating the down 42-7 which is still shocking because that just doesnt happen to them in that stadium by anyone. So Im not taking anything away from the Chargers but the Chiefs had control of that game and Im not letting Mahomes off the hook regardless of what the narrative is or try to be. Im not out to bash Mahomes but Im not going to gloss over things about him either. The Chiefs lost twice this season in situations that have never happened before in NFL history. If you want to believe that to be true or not its you. Im just saying if Mahomes is the great young QB and the MVP which I believe is to be true too, I expect better from him. I expect to see in situations like last night to be a wrap with him. I dont expect to look up and see the Chargers walking off the field winners. Brady, Brees, ARod in those exact situations, walk off as winners not losers. You cant convince me otherwise. Again though the great thing is this is a learning experience for the QB who doesnt even have a full season worth of games under his belt. As someone said though, if the Chiefs beat Seattle then this tough loss is pointless in terms of the division and seeding. 

I...just...I can't. I can't anymore.

25 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm confused with the narratives that people are going with at the end of this game. I've seen a lot of blaming Reid for getting conservative. And I've seen one person blaming Mahomes. I don't get either. There wasn't really anything conservative about our play calling late in the game. We only had one drive start in the 4th quarter. That drive was a 3 and out, but the sequence was run, pass, penalty, pass. It's not like Reid went straight run out the clock on that drive. That was called as he likely would've called any drive in the game. Running on first down? Fine by me. Passing on 2nd and 13? Pretty standard. Passing on 3rd and 13? Yeah, makes sense. I don't get why people are saying he got conservative with the lead. I know it's easier to blame the playcaller, but sometimes it's execution, too. If our OL pass blocks at all, maybe we convert the 3rd down. If Harris doesn't false start, maybe we have a more open playbook. If they don't lose 3 on first down, maybe we convert the next play or two. The execution botched that drive. I don't see anything that Reid did on that drive that was inherently foolish or conservative, and that was really the only drive I feel people can criticize. The one before, when we were up 21 - 14, we scored a TD on. So he certainly wasn't too conservative on that one.

But despite that drive, the offense did more than enough that game. In the end, the problem was 100%, as it has been all year with this team, the defense. In two drives, they allowed LAC, in 7 minutes, to go 130 yards in 19 plays, with two touchdowns, and a two point conversion. The defense failed, completely. 3 touchdowns in 4 drives in the second half, by LAC, and the narrative is that Reid got too conservative on offense. I don't get it.

I don't know if one can say that it was bad playcalling but I really didn't like that run play playcall on the 1st down. And then it resulted in a loss of 3 yards and obviously you are in a bad position and forced to throw the ball.

It just feels conservative to me.

And right when I saw it was a run play I didnt like. 

You are just leading by a TD with a defense that regularly allows yards and points.

Just put the ball in the hands of your best player right from the start. If he fails well, no regrets. If he completes a few passes or gets a 7-8 yard gain on the 1st play, then you can run, or continue passing.

46 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yes but that Seahawks game became even bigger than what it shouldve been. Going to Seattle is brutal. As a Rams fan I know. The pressure is now on for the Chiefs because they lose that game against another great QB then all the great things they did this season and the MVP season Mahomes is having is for nothing because they wouldve gone from 1 seed to the 5 seed. They wouldve went from the AFC playoffs going through Arrowhead to now the Chiefs have to play all their playoff games on the road. People say this is a different year for the Chiefs but if they lose against the Seahawks and end up with a wildcard spot, its going to feel like the same. Start fast and end terrible. That game in Seattle just became big now lets see how Mahomes and company respond. 

I mean yeah if they lose to the Seahawks then you can say that. But that doesn't change the fact that the Chiefs still control their own destiny at the 1st seed at this point. This wasn't a "must win" game for the Chiefs by any stretch.

1 minute ago, Buckweath said:

I don't know if one can say that it was bad playcalling but I really didn't like that run play playcall on the 1st down. And then it resulted in a loss of 3 yards and obviously you are in a bad position and forced to throw the ball.

It just feels conservative to me.

And right when I saw it was a run play I didnt like. 

You are just leading by a TD with a defense that regularly allows yards and points.

Just put the ball in the hands of your best player right from the start. If he fails well, no regrets. If he completes a few passes or gets a 7-8 yard gain on the 1st play, then you can run, or continue passing.

If someone doesn't like a play call, I can accept that. But running once on first down does not mean being overly conservative. It means calling a run play. We started a drive in the 2nd quarter with a run. It wasn't complacency or conservative game management, it was just a play call. A lot of people are just very obsessed with this narrative of Reid in late game situations, and they blame literally any close loss on that, regardless of the situation. And they'll never veer credit to him when we win close games late (we're 5-3 in one score games this year, but you won't hear anyone say anything about Reid's coaching late against Baltimore, for instance.)

5 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Suck it up chiefs fans. Refs sucked as par usual only this time the chargers were actually getting screwed more. Take off your damn homer glasses and realize it was Patty Checkdown that couldn’t make a play in the fourth to put the game away. 

it doesn't help when hill has the pass bounce off his facemask though.  Rivers won in the end, and now it could be the chargers that get 1 seed.  Maybe this is Rivers year, Rivers and Williams I should say. 

This was a good game for fan that favoured neither team. I thought the Chiefs had it for most of the night, but when they couldn't cover Williams I thought maybe:ph34r:

14 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Suck it up chiefs fans. Refs sucked as par usual only this time the chargers were actually getting screwed more. Take off your damn homer glasses and realize it was Patty Checkdown that couldn’t make a play in the fourth to put the game away. 

Youre the only one yelling bro. Lay off the sauce

Archived