TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean I'm waiting for us to do something in the playoffs before I would say they are fully exercised.

At least now I can confidently say that there is no game in the postseason that the Chargers don't have the ability to win.

Well frankly you play 8 games on a neutral field and 8 games on the road, so you're battle tested.  

4 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

The 3 games we would have wanted to avoid in January.. @ Pittsburgh, @ KC, @ New England.

New England in Foxboro is now the only un-vanquished demon but hopefully we avoid that.

KC in KC wouldn't be too bad as their playoff record there is terrible. 

Unfortunately we may have to go to Pittsburgh in the wild card round if KC doesn't lose next week.

If Pitt plays like it has the last few weeks though I'm not too scared.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

If the Vikings can't win it all I'd love to see Rivers get a ring with the Chargers.

Me too. Seems amazingly unjust that he has zero and Eli has two (not to denounce what Eli did those post seasons to earn those rings, just from a career perspective)

47 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Oh, Mikey W was on your fantasy team? He wasn't on mine. I was just enjoying the show he was putting on.

Went with him over DeaSean Hamilton at the last second, really happy with that decision...

9 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Unfortunately we may have to go to Pittsburgh in the wild card round if KC doesn't lose next week.

Ravens might overtake the Steelers so you guys might face them. Got the Texans getting the 3rd seed.

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Really, the ONLY game they lost where they just gave it away was DEN.

Basically, they should have lost the TEN, PIT & tonight's games.  They snatched W's in games where they were facing 99% loss probability (OK maybe not TEN but it felt that wasy with 2 attempts at 2-pt convert with a gassed D).   THREE times in 1 season is just insane IMO.  

They were so bad in one score games during the McCoy era and the early Lynn years. 

Lynn has his faults as a game day coach, but he has clearly changed the mindset of the team. This is the most mentally tough Chargers team since 2007. X's and O's matter, but we really underplay how important culture is in the NFL. 

18 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Its crazy we can start thinking about our playoff opponent in week 15. You're right, the #5 seed still looks the most likely scenario.. It's almost definitely going to be either the 5 seed or the 1 seed. Can't see any other scenario playing out.

:D

I'd probably rather play @ Ravens rather than @ Pittsburgh. We did win in Heinz but winning there twice in a year would be damn tough. Baltimore don't scare me as much and don't have the playoff experience of the Steelers

38 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I gotta say, you guys have come along way. Usually the Chargers losing these type of close games has became par for the course. But this year has been different.

I was just going to say this. It's been the same story the last 8 years or so. Whenever the Chargers are on the doorstep of putting their foot down, they slip on a banana peel against the top dogs. Three tough wins on the road against the Seahawks, Steelers, and Chiefs has been remarkable. Anthony Lynn has really turned this team around. 

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

I am in no way saying it's not a massive win. Let's say the Bolts go in on and beat the Ravens in WC Weekend. Then get the Chiefs again. You don't think said celebration woudln't read a little bit premature? 

I think it was more of this team just clinched a playoff game. Most of this team has never played in a playoff game. This isn’t the same outside of Gates & Rivers I cant think of anyone that was hear through the mediocrity of McCoy and Turner. Let alone the last time we had a chance of hosting a playoff game. 

I dont know.i might just be salty. I think I’ve just had my heart broke too many times to get excited. I won’t believe in them until they actually win a playoff game. I still remember the the time I flew across the country to be there when they hosted the Jets. Poured in a ton of resources, soaked in the rain and cheered myself hoarse. They of course missed like 40 field goals and lost. 

21 minutes ago, game3525 said:

They were so bad in one score games during the McCoy era and the early Lynn years. 

Lynn has his faults as a game day coach, but he has clearly changed the mindset of the team. This is the most mentally tough Chargers team since 2007. X's and O's matter, but we really underplay how important culture is in the NFL. 

Underplay culture? We overplay it really. Winning creates the culture not vice versa. 

42 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

haha. You bringing up the mid 2000 Chargers is so conveniently apt to my point here. Usually with a team like the Chargers this year I would say that you guys are sleepers. BUT, I am also still scorned from picking you guys to win the SB almost every year in the mid-late 2000's as well and being let down too many times to count on it anymore.

That said though, if I could somehow get over my past and trust my instincts, I would think you guys are actually sleepers to win it all--this is not recency bias kicking in either. I know division games are tougher than others (which I probably put more weight on than most people---division games always are tough, regardless) but your defense just contained the most explosive offense in the league who was averaging 36 points per game and averaging six 20 yard plays per game to only 28 points and maybe two 20 yard plays.

Other than the Chiefs--a division rival with a QB playing in his first playoff appearance and most likely being named MVP(no MVP QB has ever won a SB) the AFC is wide open, IMO, 

Edit: I gotta start proof reading my post........

Said it in the preaseason and i stand behind it still. Phillip gonna get that ring. No Bosa for half year, slew of injuries, no MG3, and theyre still winning games. I want nothing more than Rivers and Gates to ride off into retirement with gold and diamonds. Theyve earned it.

Archived