TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

This is going to be the toughest loss for the Chiefs. Yes in another big game Mahomes is now (0-3) but the Chiefs was up 14pts with about 5 minutes to go at home and lost. As someone pointed out, teams that face that deficit is (0-88). So now the Chiefs are the first time to lose a game where they score 50pts AND when they have a 14pt lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. Now I know the blame is going to be placed on Reid but it also should be placed on Mahomes. I was just listening to Chris Carter on First Things First, he said that Mahomes tries to make the difficult plays instead of the easy plays and it cost them late in the game. Brings me back to what I said in another thread about Mahomes. The biggest knock on Mahomes coming out was that scouts were saying he doesnt play within the structure of the offense. Spectacular plays or the big plays all the time isnt great especially when you have a lead late in th game and the clock is your friend. As someone once said, Keep It Simple Stupid. Sometimes you just have to keep it simple and know the situation at hand. Hopefully Mahomes learns from this and not let this be a tendency. 

On the other hand, the Chargers came up big in the is game. They went on the road to their house of horrors in Arrowhead without Gordon, Ekeler, and lost Allen during the game and still won the game. This is the reason why I picked the Chargers to come out of the AFC to go to the Superbowl before the season started. If they can stay out of their own way with bad mistakes, especially on special teams and just stay relatively healthy they can beat any team. Gordon, Ekeler, and Allen all should be fine by the playoffs and the Chargers have a shot to still win the division and possibly even get one of the top 2 seeds. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

This is going to be the toughest loss for the Chiefs. Yes in another big game Mahomes is now (0-3) but the Chiefs was up 14pts with about 5 minutes to go at home and lost. As someone pointed out, teams that face that deficit is (0-88). So now the Chiefs are the first time to lose a game where they score 50pts AND when they have a 14pt lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. Now I know the blame is going to be placed on Reid but it also should be placed on Mahomes. I was just listening to Chris Carter on First Things First, he said that Mahomes tries to make the difficult plays instead of the easy plays and it cost them late in the game. Brings me back to what I said in another thread about Mahomes. The biggest knock on Mahomes coming out was that scouts were saying he doesnt play within the structure of the offense. Spectacular plays or the big plays all the time isnt great especially when you have a lead late in th game and the clock is your friend. As someone once said, Keep It Simple Stupid. Sometimes you just have to keep it simple and know the situation at hand. Hopefully Mahomes learns from this and not let this be a tendency. 

On the other hand, the Chargers came up big in the is game. They went on the road to their house of horrors in Arrowhead without Gordon, Ekeler, and lost Allen during the game and still won the game. This is the reason why I picked the Chargers to come out of the AFC to go to the Superbowl before the season started. If they can stay out of their own way with bad mistakes, especially on special teams and just stay relatively healthy they can beat any team. Gordon, Ekeler, and Allen all should be fine by the playoffs and the Chargers have a shot to still win the division and possibly even get one of the top 2 seeds. 

I disagree with almost everything in this post. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Technically, if the Chiefs defeat the Seahawks and Raiders, this game didn't actually matter, though.

I don't think there is a chance they lose to the Seahawks now. Reid is a master with extra prep time and they are going to be very motivated after throwing this game away in what was looking like a blowout win for them. Not to take anything away from the Seahawks, because they are better than I thought they would be, but they aren't the same Seattle team that teams fear. At least IMO.

Anybody else notice Eric Berry yelling at corners and safeties to get into proper position? 

If he was out there on the two point conversion i think the Chiefs win. Williams would at least be covered.

The DC has to go this offseason

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Anybody else notice Eric Berry yelling at corners and safeties to get into proper position? 

If he was out there on the two point conversion i think the Chiefs win. Williams would at least be covered.

The DC has to go this offseason

No doubt they win. They were blowing the Chargers out until Reid and Sutton got conservative. 

Just now, jaa1025 said:

No doubt they win. They were blowing the Chargers out until Reid and Sutton got conservative. 

Couldnt believe Reid punted on 4th and 3 on a short field._then again i could believe it)

Reid cant get out of his own way sometimes.

Sutton is just awful.

53 minutes ago, Elky said:

This is why Andy Reid is the most overrated coach in the league; he is the absolute worst in games that actually matter.

He’s been doing this since the early 2000’s. I think that the Chiefs still have a great shot to go on a run, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they choked to an inferior team in the AFC Championship game lol. That’s the Reid specialty right there 

I don't think anyone can afford to sleep on the Chargers anymore. We can go on and on about calls we disagreed with, or stuff their opponents should have done differently, but it won't change the fact that these guys are for real. They have quietly built themselves into a top contender, whether the playoff standings reflect it or not. This is a team that's suffered only one loss since September, survived potential trap games vs the Niners, Bills, and Raiders (twice) ... and come out of Seattle, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City with wins. That's a big accomplishment.

18 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

I disagree with almost everything in this post. 

Fair enough. Im just pointing out what I saw. It has never happened that a team lost a game where they held a 14pt lead with 5 minutes to go in the game. It has never happened that a team lost a game where they scored 50pts. The Chiefs have two losses of those kinds this season. That shouldnt happen. Whether or not people place the blame on Reid or Mahomes thats irrelevant. Mahomes has to understand time and situation. With 5 minutes left up by 14pts, the clock is your friend. Dont try to hold on to the ball a long time looking for a big play and ultimately taking a sack. Again as Chris Carter pointed out, Mahomes gift is a curse. We know he can make something happen out of nothing, but in certain situations, just take the easy completion and let the clock keep on ticking. Spectacular plays or the tough plays are irrelevant when all you need to do is bleed the clock. I understand having an off game where we look at this as an outlier. This is no outlier. Against the Rams down by 3pts instead of Mahomes trying to methodically march down the field with plenty of time left and timeouts to at best get a td or at worst get a field goal, he decides to go for the big play twice and got picked off each time. You cant do that in situations. Play within the structure of the offense and understand time and situation. 

Archived