TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

12 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I want nothing more than Rivers and Gates to ride off into retirement with gold and diamonds. Theyve earned it.

I'd like to see my Texans shock the world, but I could totally get behind this.

Andy Reid and Bob Sutton have had a big problem with playing too conservative with leads since his time in KC. Mahomes as kind of overcome this a bit with his aggressive style but up by 14 with 5 minutes left they put it on cruise control and hoped to coast to an easy win. It bit him again this game. 

39 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

Ehhh...This was without Watkins, Hunt and Ware, 2 starting Olineman. 

Hunt I'll give you, but Watkins and ware? LOL 

Watkins has been overrated since he was over drafted.. there is a reason ware was getting zero touches before hunt was cut. 

Let's not forget this was a Thursday game on the road traveling two timezones for the chargers. I dont think a team has ever won while traveling two timezones on TNF, especially flying east which is much harder to fly than west.

Is that true @Malfatron

1 hour ago, jaa1025 said:

Ehhh...This was without Watkins, Hunt and Ware, 2 starting Olineman. 

I mean the Chiefs are never getting Hunt back. That's irrelevant.

Watkins may have been out but the Chiefs also got the addition of Kelvin Benjamin and Eric Berry also was back for this game.

Chargers did it without Ekeler, Gordon AND Allen most of the game.

We are also down our top LB, CB #2 and two starting DT's. 

There is also an outside chance Hunter Henry could be back for the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hunt I'll give you, but Watkins and ware? LOL 

Watkins has been overrated since he was over drafted.. there is a reason ware was getting zero touches before hunt was cut. 

Let's not forget this was a Thursday game on the road traveling two timezones for the chargers. I dont think a team has ever won while traveling two timezones on TNF, especially flying east which is much harder to fly than west.

Is that true @Malfatron

Watkins is far from overrated. He's been fantastic and the offense is MUCH better with him than without him. His problem is his health. When he's gone it's much easier to take Hill and Kelce out of the game because the Chiefs don't have quality depth at WR. And Ware is a starting quality back in the NFL. He only lost his job to Hunt when he tore his ACL and he got few carries because the Chiefs barely had enough for Hunt with this offense. 

Yes, the home team has about a 62% chance of winning Thursday games (Normal games are 56% chance for home team). I have no idea how to verify the timezone information but the Chiefs just played an incredibly physical overtime game to the Ravens compared to a the Chargers playing a bad Bengals team. Yet, the Chiefs took their foot off the peddle and let the Chargers come back to win in typical Andy Reid/Sutton fashion. Guess they will just have to go and win another 9 in a row. 

10 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean the Chiefs are never getting Hunt back. That's irrelevant.

Watkins may have been out but the Chiefs also got the addition of Kelvin Benjamin and Eric Berry also was back for this game.

Chargers did it without Ekeler, Gordon AND Allen most of the game.

We are also down our top LB, CB #2 and two starting DT's. 

There is also an outside chance Hunter Henry could be back for the playoffs.

EB played in the first half only. It was his first game back. Benjamin doesn't know the offense and is a bad WR anyways. Ya'll scored 15 points until the Chiefs played not to lose up 14 points with 5 minutes left. 

Hunter Henry isn't coming back. For his healthy sake, I hope they don't rush him. I'd hate for him to re-injure that knee and missing next year for going 1 and done as the 5th seed. 

6 minutes ago, jaa1025 said:

He's going to be an expensive resign. Both Tyreek Hill and Jones are FA's after next season. Yikes...$$$$

I expect that each will likely have a corresponding player cut/restructured when their deals come up. We have 3 players with big paydays coming up in the next two years, in Dee Ford, Chris Jones, and Tyreek Hill. We also have three guys with fairly hefty contracts that I could see being moved on from, or renegotiated, depending on how the next year and a half go, with Justin Houston, Eric Berry, and Sammie Watkins. Watkins and Houston become financially expendable right when Hill and Jones hit FA. Berry is....more complicated. And hard to get a read on. It could go a half dozen different ways and we don't really have enough info to guess as fans. Could see anything from retirement to an injury settlement to him resuming his HOF caliber play.

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

haha. You bringing up the mid 2000 Chargers is so conveniently apt to my point here. Usually with a team like the Chargers this year I would say that you guys are sleepers. BUT, I am also still scorned from picking you guys to win the SB almost every year in the mid-late 2000's as well and being let down too many times to count on it anymore.

That said though, if I could somehow get over my past and trust my instincts, I would think you guys are actually sleepers to win it all--this is not recency bias kicking in either. I know division games are tougher than others (which I probably put more weight on than most people---division games always are tough, regardless) but your defense just contained the most explosive offense in the league who was averaging 36 points per game and averaging six 20 yard plays per game to only 28 points and maybe two 20 yard plays.

Other than the Chiefs--a division rival with a QB playing in his first playoff appearance and most likely being named MVP(no MVP QB has ever won a SB) the AFC is wide open, IMO, 

Edit: I gotta start proof reading my post........

False.  Kurt Warner won the MVP and the Superbowl MVP in 1999.  But that is the only 1 I can think of off the top of my head.

Archived