TNF: LA Chargers(10-3) @ KC Chiefs(11-2)

Chiefer

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Chiefs
    • Chargers

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I know but this is a football forum. Let's stick to posting about that. That's the way Webby wants it.

Ok I will respect that.

I also respect and understand how KC fans feel right now I’m just sick of the narrative that Chargers are helped by the refs every single game and would be 3-11 without them. There were a ton of horrible calls that went against the chargers tonight and they were able to overcome them and win in spectacular fashion. 

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I think we can get by with a 9-1 record against the Chargers over the last 5 years.

It’s an in the moment knee jerk reaction league. People have forgotten that already and just know that Chargers are 1-0 in the past 1 games. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

It’s an in the moment knee jerk reaction league. People have forgotten that already and just know that Chargers are 1-0 in the past 1 games. 

This was meant to be playful I realize that doesn’t translate sometimes. 

Also, come on. Chargers had a lot of horrible calls go against them. They made a great comeback and KC sorta turtled and couldn’t move the ball late in the game. Regardless of what you thought about the officiating KC kinda chocked and the Chargers had a great win. 

12 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

If someone doesn't like a play call, I can accept that. But running once on first down does not mean being overly conservative. It means calling a run play. We started a drive in the 2nd quarter with a run. It wasn't complacency or conservative game management, it was just a play call. A lot of people are just very obsessed with this narrative of Reid in late game situations, and they blame literally any close loss on that, regardless of the situation. And they'll never veer credit to him when we win close games late (we're 5-3 in one score games this year, but you won't hear anyone say anything about Reid's coaching late against Baltimore, for instance.)

I believe Reid is a great coach but his playclock management and being sometimes conservative are rather well known shortcomings of his.

In big matches like this one, we have seen it many times in the last few years. The offense is scoring at will to start and then it stalls towards the end of the game during which the defense cannot stop a nosebleed.

That Colts game a few years ago, the Titans game last year, the game yesterday, I could name more. They all feel a bit the same to me.

7 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Ok I will respect that.

I also respect and understand how KC fans feel right now I’m just sick of the narrative that Chargers are helped by the refs every single game and would be 3-11 without them. There were a ton of horrible calls that went against the chargers tonight and they were able to overcome them and win in spectacular fashion. 

Lol. The Chargers were gifted a TD by the ref on their first TD, on a horrific call, when they would have gotten a FG otherwise.

Just this by itself and the Chargers shouldn't complain about any other penalty.

And the Chiefs had more penalties. 

Please.

14 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Ok I will respect that.

You guys got gifted two tds by the refs.

We got gifted one.

26 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Blame Hill for dropping that free play TD perhaps? You know what if the football was his pregnant girlfriend I’m sure he’d have been able to get both hand on it and hold on. 

Wasn't a free play.  Offsetting penalties.  

Are you implying that if Hill's pregnant girlfriend (wife currently) was falling from the sky, he would save her???

Just now, Chiefer said:

You guys got gifted two yds by the refs.

We got gifted one.

Oh my. Look I don’t agree with this. I will not try and change your opinion of this if this is what you believe.

However did KC not turtle late in the game? Were they not unable to do anything on offense and defense late in the game? Did KC not have an opportunity to seal the game but instead went 3 & out?

8 minutes ago, Piquel said:

Wasn't a free play.  Offsetting penalties.  

Are you implying that if Hill's pregnant girlfriend (wife currently) was falling from the sky, he would save her???

Dude come on don’t do this. I said I would stop and I did and I can’t even...

11 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Oh my. Look I don’t agree with this. I will not try and change your opinion of this if this is what you believe.

However did KC not turtle late in the game? Were they not unable to do anything on offense and defense late in the game? Did KC not have an opportunity to seal the game but instead went 3 & out?

Was actually a 4&out

I blame the defense more than anything. We need Berry back there BAD .And Reids playcalling. He doesnt know how to eat clock at the end of games sometimes.

Combine that with a ref gift of two TDs. lots of teams cant win against that.

Positive is We still had a chance if coaching hadnt gotten in the way.

Just now, Chiefer said:

Was actually a 4&out

I blame the defense more than anything. And Reids playcalling. He doesnt know how to eat clock at the end of games sometimes.

Combine that with a ref gift of two TDs. Would Seal the fate of many teams in the league.

Which two specific plays are you referring to that resulted into those TDs? 

If you are referring to the PI at the end of the game to set up the final TD then two things IMO that was a PI it was probably the most minor PI that a PI could be called but I do think it was a correct call and also if you want to disagree then think of it as a makeup call for the missed helmet to helmet on Rivers. Things at worse evened out  Chargers we’re going to score on that drive regardless.

What was the other?

Archived