What players have been exposed the worst this season

patriotsheatyan

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's gotta be Le'Veon Bell. He held out to make WR money and saw a third round pick put up the same numbers in his absence.

LeVeon looks better and better as we get close to the postseason.

They had a better record with him, and Conner won't get the same numbers, he has slowed down 

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Another one would be Joe Flacco. Going into this year, Flacco was healthy, the front office completely revamped his WR core giving him 3 new WR's and 2 new TE's to throw to. Yet going into the bye our season was dwindling away and Flacco was having another one of his "meh" at best seasons. Enter Lamar Jackson, a raw as heck rookie nobody expected to play this year and he lights a fire in the offense and we go on a 3-game win streak, and take KC down to the wire until the defense blew a late 4th quarter lead on another 4th down conversion.

I think if anyone's value has completely bottomed, it's Flacco. Losing the job to Lamar Jackson has all but sealed his fate as being released or traded, when he could've attempted to cash in one last time if he led us to the playoffs this year.

Flacco was MUCH better before he got hurt this year than last year (when he was actually terrible). Better than any year since 2014, probably. I know you want to knock Flacco at every opportunity but he doesn't really fit the thread at all.

The answer for the Ravens is 100% Alex Collins. General consensus was that he was a good starter, but he was trifecta of inefficient, turnover-prone and injury-prone this year. Perception-wise he goes from key piece of the offense to questionable to be on the roster next year. 

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Flacco was MUCH better before he got hurt this year than last year (when he was actually terrible). Better than any year since 2014, probably. I know you want to knock Flacco at every opportunity but he doesn't really fit the thread at all.

The answer for the Ravens is 100% Alex Collins. General consensus was that he was a good starter, but he was trifecta of inefficient, turnover-prone and injury-prone this year. Perception-wise he goes from key piece of the offense to questionable to be on the roster next year. 

The stats don't lie, my friend.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

Yeah, he was better than last year when he was returning from injury, but his stats look eerily similar to basically every other year of his career.

37 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The stats don't lie, my friend.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

Yeah, he was better than last year when he was returning from injury, but his stats look eerily similar to basically every other year of his career.

So what you are saying is Joe Flacco looked like typical Joe Flacco this year? So why are we talking about Joe Flacco in a "What players have been exposed the worst this season" thread?

Why didn't you think of Alex Collins for the Ravens before Flacco? He's clearly the answer. You could also talk about Crabtree, and his great hands. Or CJ Mosley? Or even Jimmy Smith? Though, the later two have picked up after rough starts, but they were actually considered very good to start so at least they had the potential to qualify for this thread.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

So what you are saying is Joe Flacco looked like typical Joe Flacco this year? So why are we talking about Joe Flacco in a "What players have been exposed the worst this season" thread?

If you read my original post, the logic I was using wasn't in the same context as "oh this player is worse than we thought". With Flacco, he is who we knew, but didn't want to admit, he was - a below average QB regardless of supporting cast. We can go back to the numerous Flacco threads blaming injuries, supporting cast, coaching changes/system changes, etc. etc. to excuse his play, but this year all of those factors were in his favor and he was the same old Joe Flacco we've always seen. That was my larger point with him.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Why didn't you think of Alex Collins for the Ravens before Flacco? He's clearly the answer. You could also talk about Crabtree, and his great hands. Or CJ Mosley? Or even Jimmy Smith? Though, the later two have picked up after rough starts, but they were actually considered very good to start so at least they had the potential to qualify for this thread.

What exactly exposed Alex Collins this year, though? I'm still of the belief that the blocking schemes we used with him (and there is video proof that we've already discussed in our threads to back this up) were the issue, not Collins himself. When we had space to work with, the guy produced, just as he did last year. But I digress - in a conventional context of "exposed", you would be correct.

Crabtree I'm not so sure about - again how was he "exposed"? He had a tremendously high drop rate last year, too. Now he's playing with a worse QB in an offense that largely doesn't know how to pass effectively.

CJ Mosley is actually a great answer that I have no idea why I didn't think of - I would put him ahead of Flacco for sure.

Jimmy Smith is returning from his achilles injury and has been hit or miss, but I wouldn't call him exposed. Just injury prone, as he always has been.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you read my original post, the logic I was using wasn't in the same context as "oh this player is worse than we thought". With Flacco, he is who we knew, but didn't want to admit, he was - a below average QB regardless of supporting cast. We can go back to the numerous Flacco threads blaming injuries, supporting cast, coaching changes/system changes, etc. etc. to excuse his play, but this year all of those factors were in his favor and he was the same old Joe Flacco we've always seen. That was my larger point with him.

What exactly exposed Alex Collins this year, though? I'm still of the belief that the blocking schemes we used with him (and there is video proof that we've already discussed in our threads to back this up) were the issue, not Collins himself. When we had space to work with, the guy produced, just as he did last year. But I digress - in a conventional context of "exposed", you would be correct.

Crabtree I'm not so sure about - again how was he "exposed"? He had a tremendously high drop rate last year, too. Now he's playing with a worse QB in an offense that largely doesn't know how to pass effectively.

CJ Mosley is actually a great answer that I have no idea why I didn't think of - I would put him ahead of Flacco for sure.

Jimmy Smith is returning from his achilles injury and has been hit or miss, but I wouldn't call him exposed. Just injury prone, as he always has been.

*Talks about everyone giving Flacco excuses*

*Literally goes on to give an excuse for every other player mentioned besides Mosley*

lmao

For the Packers, its been Nick Perry. We all know Clay is a bum, but we just a couple years ago signed Perry to a nice deal and I'd be surprised if he has had more than a couple pressures all season before being shut down on IR. Kyler Fackrell is our best edge right now... yikes.

17 hours ago, Danger said:

In all seriousness though.

The lack of Alex Smith here is disturbing.

The Redskins didn't sign Smith because they thought he could throw for 35 touchdowns. They signed him because they thought he could win games and get them into the playoffs.. They did lead the division when he went down with injury

37 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

The Redskins didn't sign Smith because they thought he could throw for 35 touchdowns. They signed him because they thought he could win games and get them into the playoffs.. They did lead the division when he went down with injury

Yes but they also signed him because they though he could at least manage the game. Passer Rating of 85.7 is his worst since 2010 in a year where passing stats are up league wide. He's not serviceable, he's a liability.

Archived