The Refs hate the Cowboys

Matts4313

4 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Man, after a week of observing and interacting with cowboys fans, it has be become clear they have the most unearned sense of superiority of any fanbase in the league.

Done wasting my finger strength on this thread.

They are everyone's Super Bowl when they haven't even made it out of the Divisional round in over 20 years.

giphy.gif

@Matts4313 legit rebuttal to this nonsense:

Dallas is currently third in the NFL time of possession.  I don’t have the data, but I’m going to guess more offensive penalties are called than defensive ones, as it seems to me that holding and false starts are probably the two most commonly called penalties.  Since Dallas keeps opposing offenses on the sidelines more than most they don’t get as many opportunities for those calls.

New Orleans and Baltimore, the only two teams ahead of Dallas in TOP are also in the bottom 6 of teams on that list you posted.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@Matts4313 legit rebuttal to this nonsense:

Dallas is currently third in the NFL time of possession.  I don’t have the data, but I’m going to guess more offensive penalties are called than defensive ones, as it seems to me that holding and false starts are probably the two most commonly called penalties.  Since Dallas keeps opposing offenses on the sidelines more than most they don’t get as many opportunities for those calls.

New Orleans and Baltimore, the only two teams ahead of Dallas in TOP are also in the bottom 6 of teams on that list you posted.

Well done homie. That makes sense. 

Why do the top teams get so many called their way?  Any theory?

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe thats it. Everyone treats us as their superbowl

You're team isn't and hasn't been that special.

The irony with a Cowboys poster pointing out the discrepancy with penalties, specifically Holding when they've gotten away with it for decades! 🤔

Jerry only has so much money allocated for refs per season. Tell him to up his allotment and spend more on the road.  Should pay dividends. 

Archived