The Refs hate the Cowboys

Matts4313

When was the last time a ref called a snap infraction in a game (let alone the last play) of the game?

When has a team gone 10 games straight without a single holding penalty called on the opposing team?

This are the most blatant examples of the refs being especially terrible when they call Cowboys games. Opposing penalty yards vs the Boys ranks at the bottom for the last 3 years.

The Zeke situation last year. Where he wasn't even charged for DV and the leagues head investigatior (the only one who interviewed the "victim") was on his side, but was still suspended 6 games.

The Dez Bryant call that was a catch, but then wasn't a catch. Then the NFL changes the rule a couple years later to make the Dez Bryant catch an "official" catch.

I'm sure these are all coincidences...

55 minutes ago, Dome said:

Lol matts tryna take on the world in this thread. Keep up the good fight man, nfl gen is missing folks like you. 

The funny part is not really though. Most people are dumb though and didnt read what I wrote, just the thread title. 

I like laughing at dumb people.

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

What annoys me about the Cowboys in regard to officiating is how the NFL fan base is insanely biased in their idea that the Cowboys are heavily favored by the refs. Sure, there have been a handful of bad calls that have helped the Cowboys out.. but that’s all anyone focuses on despite the fact that the Cowboys in turn have had their fair share of terrible officiating that has hurt them. No one wants to talk about the latter, but they’re quick and eager to cite the occasions where bad officiating has gone the Cowboys way.

I honestly have never heard the notion that the Cowboys get so much better treatment than others teams do so I don't where this is coming from. 

In response to this and the rest of your post I will say, however, the BS moniker of having the proclaimed "America's team" while having a brash (albeit smart business man) like Jerry doesn't come off well with most fans which doesn't help your case either. 

Nevertheless though, fans of said team trying to play the victim card isn't going to help matters either.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It has every team TBH. Feel free to talk about how the Titans have had the most calls go for them the last 3 years.

That makes even less sense to do then. Is the NFL and Refs trying to elevate the Titans to success/glory since they clearly have a supposed agenda against Dallas?

I'm thoroughly confused now! 🤔

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

That makes even less sense to do then. Is the NFL and Refs trying to elevate the Titans to success/glory since they clearly have a supposed agenda against Dallas?

I'm thoroughly confused now! 🤔

Someone didnt read the OP.

People's hatred of certain teams colors their view of whether they get a lot of calls. So they'll cite specific calls that went the Cowboys way, while dismissing or forgetting all the calls that didnt. When faced with statistics like the above, their head spins because they have difficulty comprehending something that opposes their preconceived notions.

I dont think the OP proves the refs are against the Cowboys. But I do think it helps prove that they are not in the pocket of Jerry Jones. I dont understand how you could really think that anyway given the railroad job on Eliot's suspension, but people's biases can be impenetrable sometimes.

However, a more accurate graph would be net penalties and yards. If Team 1 has 2 penalties for them and 1 against, while the Cowboys have 10 for them and 4 against, the Cowboys had more against but had a more favorable net.

Archived