The Refs hate the Cowboys

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe thats it. Everyone treats us as their superbowl.

As I said in the opening, I dont think there is a league wide conspiracy. I just thought it was interesting that our opponents have gotten the most calls going for them 3 years running.

Those would be the only Super Bowls Dallas has been to since Cuba Gooding Jr. won an Oscar.

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

They must hate TY Hilton more then, because he was majorly screwed twice in the cowboys game.

Does that include his dropped catch that hit the ground that was ruled complete. I know it wasn't a penalty but still.. He got some breaks too.

Best thread of the week.

I watch the refs miss 2-3 blatant offensive holds against Miami on a weekly basis, including an egregious one against Robert Quinn on Luck's game winning 4th down conversion in the Indy vs Miami game.

Unfortunately, I also see the refs miss 2-3 blatant holds against the opponent as well.

The refs are just bad.

Any stats on missed holds are going to be inherently subjective.

Any stats that indicate that a big-market team (Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, etc) is being unfairly targeted should be tossed right into the garbage IMO because science is a liar sometimes

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

The irony with a Cowboys poster pointing out the discrepancy with penalties, specifically Holding when they've gotten away with it for decades!

I will pay you $100 if you can prove it.

But you cant, because you are a blind homer. 

<3 you tho

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I will pay you $100 if you can prove it.

But you cant, because you are a blind homer. 

<3 you tho

Stop whining like a baby. Supposedly you actually were old enough to watch the Dynasty Cowboys who won in the early 90's. If so you clearly weren't watching because  "said Homer's Glasses " were to GD dark and or you NB added prescriptions. 

Hence decades!

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Man, after a week of observing and interacting with cowboys fans, it has be become clear they have the most unearned sense of superiority of any fanbase in the league.

Done wasting my finger strength on this thread.

Oh give me a break. It was a joke. 

Frankly I don’t even care about Cowboys fans acting out at all anyway given the consistent heat they have to take from fans across the league. Is there a team that takes more targeted heated than the Cowboys? It really doesn’t seem like it. 

What annoys me about the Cowboys in regard to officiating is how the NFL fan base is insanely biased in their idea that the Cowboys are heavily favored by the refs. Sure, there have been a handful of bad calls that have helped the Cowboys out.. but that’s all anyone focuses on despite the fact that the Cowboys in turn have had their fair share of terrible officiating that has hurt them. No one wants to talk about the latter, but they’re quick and eager to cite the occasions where bad officiating has gone the Cowboys way.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe thats it. Everyone treats us as their superbowl.

But yet, when they beat the Saints, on a Thursday night at home when everybody knows the road team never wins on Thursday, after Jerry Jones himself said "We need to play every snap like it's the Super Bowl" it's a total show of Dallas superiority and not at all a reflection on the other team.

The problem with Dallas fans and football is the same problem with Toronto fans and hockey. There is a complete lack of perspective. The media in your city tells you that you are the center of the football universe, but you're not. You're an 8-6 team that hasn't been past the second round in 23 years.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but damn. Maybe you're just an average team with an average recent history that isn't really any better than most other teams you play. And everybody gets bad officiating.

perspective.

33 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Oh give me a break. It was a joke. 

Frankly I don’t even care about Cowboys fans acting out at all anyway given the consistent heat they have to take from fans across the league. Is there a team that takes more targeted heated than the Cowboys? It really doesn’t seem like it. 

please, the pats have been hated and get crapped on by every fan base for 20 years now. cowboys got nothing on our hate.

3 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

But yet, when they beat the Saints, on a Thursday night at home when everybody knows the road team never wins on Thursday, after Jerry Jones himself said "We need to play every game like it's the Super Bowl" it's a total show of Dallas superiority and not at all a reflection on the other team.

The problem with Dallas fans and football is the same problem with Toronto fans and hockey. There is a complete lack of perspective. The media in your city tells you that you are the center of the football universe, but you're not. You're an 8-6 team that hasn't been past the second round in 23 years.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, but damn. Maybe you're just an average team with an average recent history that isn't really any better than most other teams you play. And everybody gets bad officiating.

perspective.

What a wild ride you just took me on. None of it supported by any facts or reason. But quite the journey. 

Archived