Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

This is contingent if Carr and Nelson keep playing this way, huge if, but we may just be a DT and FS away from being real legit contenders. Especially a DT. 

Although we do have an issue at RT. I simply just do not trust Brown to stay healthy, and would rather try an alternative in Free Agency or the Draft. 

We will also need to replace Richie and Hudson due to age soon. I have a feeling 2022-2024 drafts could all be revamping the line, which is the #1 most important part of our team. 

As of right now, our offensive roster looks great. 

QB Derek Carr

RB1 Josh Jacobs

RB2 Devontae Booker

WR1 Henry Ruggs III

WR2 Nelson Agholor

Slot: Hunter Renfrow

WR4/Developmental Prospect: Bryan Edwards

LT Kolton Miller

LG Richie Incognito

C Rodney Hudson

RG Gabe Jackson

RT Trent Brown

TE1 Darren Waller

TE2 Foster Moneau

TE3 Jason Witten

Best TE trio in the league imo. I’m a big fan of Fosters game. 

This is basically a complete offensive roster.

The only issues are on the line. Four possible issues: Richie and Hudson age, especially Richie. Trent constant injuries. And Gabes contract/inconsistent play. 

Now let’s look at the defensive roster. Needs work, but it’s getting close imo. A lot of these guys just need experience. 

DE Clelin Ferrell - Hopefully Long Term Starter

DT1 ???

DT2 Hankins/Hurst for Run/Pass rotation. 

DE Maxx Crosby - Hopefully Long Term Starter

LB’s - Kwait, Littleton, and Morrow. - Kwait looks great so far, Littleton looks alright. Morrow needs to be upgraded. 

CB1 Trayvon Mullen - Long Term Starter

CB2 Damon Arnette - Hopefully Long Term Starter, needs experience. 

Nickel CB - ??? Joyner will likely be cut next year. Robinson I think is a two year project, and there’s no telling if he will actually pan out. We will have to address this position. 

FS - ???

SS - Johnathan Abram

However, in the second half of the Chief game, Abram played primary FS and Jeff Heath played primarily SS, and it actually worked out very very well! If that Safety duo holds up, perhaps we won’t need to spend a high pick on FS. 

So right now, to fill the defensive roster we need a DT, FS, Nickel Corner, and Sam Linebacker. 

And I’d say DT is by far and large the biggest need. And I’m not sure many would disagree with that. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So right now, to fill the defensive roster we need a DT, FS, Nickel Corner, and Sam Linebacker. 

And I’d say DT is by far and large the biggest need. And I’m not sure many would disagree with that. 

I agree with all of this although I'm hopeful that Robertson can be our SCB going forward and McMillian can be our SLB. I'd also add edge rusher to our list of needs unless Key, Ferrell, and/or Nassib can be more impactful going forward. 

I'd say DT is our biggest need followed closely by FS as Harris is probably the worst starter on our defense at the moment. 

Offensive needs - Backup RB, OG (Jackson has been meh and Incognito is old), RT (depending on how Brown looks the rest of the season)

Defensive needs - DT, FS, SCB, LB depth

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree with all of this although I'm hopeful that Robertson can be our SCB going forward and McMillian can be our SLB. I'd also add edge rusher to our list of needs unless Key, Ferrell, and/or Nassib can be more impactful going forward. 

I'd say DT is our biggest need followed closely by FS as Harris is probably the worst starter on our defense at the moment. 

Offensive needs - Backup RB, OG (Jackson has been meh and Incognito is old), RT (depending on how Brown looks the rest of the season)

Alright NY you are on DT in 1st scouting patrol and Safety in the 2nd. 

3rd I’d love to draft another future starting guard, I love keeping that position youthful at all times with unlimited depth. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Alright NY you are on DT in 1st scouting patrol and Safety in the 2nd. 

Christian Barmore is the DT I'm most intrigued about in the 1st round. There's a limited sample size on him but he has prototypical size/length and really flashed as a pass rusher with good hand technique/power while also being twitchy/quick enough to beat OL off the ball. The thing I like most about him though is his motor. Even when he's double teamed he never gives up on a play, is always moving towards the ball, and doesn't take plays off. 

Andre Cisco should drop to the 2nd round now after his injury. He's my man crush in this years draft. 

Very very rough draft of how the draft could look, obviously it’s dependent on players in each round, and not positions themselves, but as of right now, Week 6 of 2020 (A LOT can change by Week 17), this would be the ideal draft:

Round 1: DT

Round 2: FS

Round 3: OG

Round 4: Nickel CB

Round 5: RB Depth

Round 6: LB Depth/ST Depth

Round 7: 2nd/3rd string QB.  

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is contingent if Carr and Nelson keep playing this way, huge if, but we may just be a DT and FS away from being real legit contenders. Especially a DT. 

Although we do have an issue at RT. I simply just do not trust Brown to stay healthy, and would rather try an alternative in Free Agency or the Draft. 

We will also need to replace Richie and Hudson due to age soon. I have a feeling 2022-2024 drafts could all be revamping the line, which is the #1 most important part of our team. 

As of right now, our offensive roster looks great. 

QB Derek Carr

RB1 Josh Jacobs

RB2 Devontae Booker

WR1 Henry Ruggs III

WR2 Nelson Agholor

Slot: Hunter Renfrow

WR4/Developmental Prospect: Bryan Edwards

LT Kolton Miller

LG Richie Incognito

C Rodney Hudson

RG Gabe Jackson

RT Trent Brown

TE1 Darren Waller

TE2 Foster Moneau

TE3 Jason Witten

Best TE trio in the league imo. I’m a big fan of Fosters game. 

This is basically a complete offensive roster.

The only issues are on the line. Four possible issues: Richie and Hudson age, especially Richie. Trent constant injuries. And Gabes contract/inconsistent play. 

Now let’s look at the defensive roster. Needs work, but it’s getting close imo. A lot of these guys just need experience. 

DE Clelin Ferrell - Hopefully Long Term Starter

DT1 ???

DT2 Hankins/Hurst for Run/Pass rotation. 

DE Maxx Crosby - Hopefully Long Term Starter

LB’s - Kwait, Littleton, and Morrow. - Kwait looks great so far, Littleton looks alright. Morrow needs to be upgraded. 

CB1 Trayvon Mullen - Long Term Starter

CB2 Damon Arnette - Hopefully Long Term Starter, needs experience. 

Nickel CB - ??? Joyner will likely be cut next year. Robinson I think is a two year project, and there’s no telling if he will actually pan out. We will have to address this position. 

FS - ???

SS - Johnathan Abram

However, in the second half of the Chief game, Abram played primary FS and Jeff Heath played primarily SS, and it actually worked out very very well! If that Safety duo holds up, perhaps we won’t need to spend a high pick on FS. 

Agree with pretty much most of this but I'm hesitant to call Agholor a WR2 on this team. I feel he's at his best as a shock weapon, a couple big plays a game exactly like we're using him and hopefully Edwards matures to be a solid WR2 who can make the contested catches, add some YAC and move the chains.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Agree with pretty much most of this but I'm hesitant to call Agholor a WR2 on this team. I feel he's at his best as a shock weapon, a couple big plays a game exactly like we're using him and hopefully Edwards matures to be a solid WR2 who can make the contested catches, add some YAC and move the chains.

Yes if Nelson regresses, then hopefully Edwards progresses into the WR2. I don’t think we need to spend any Draft or FA capital on WR at all. Although I really like Nelson’s game so far, he’s running great routes, and playing really aggressive for a smaller guy. His only issue on Philly was drops, which he has corrected here so far. Let’s not forget Nelson is a 1st Round WR with all the talent in the world. 

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Booker still gets no respect... smh 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hopefully Edwards is able to come back for the Bucs game. Very clear the 3 WRs should be Ruggs, Edwards and Nelly. With Renfrow sprinkled in.  

I disagree, I think it should be Ruggs/Nelly/Renfrow with Edwards sprinkled in especially in the red zone. Renfrow leads our WR's this season in targets, catches, and yards. 

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't think we necessarily need a true "#1" and "#2" WR in our offense to be successful. Waller is on pace for 112 receptions, Jacobs is on pace for 48 receptions, Richard is on pace for 32 receptions, and Renfrow is on pace for 55 receptions. 

We already have a high volume, #1 target in Waller and I really like how our WR room is structured. We don't have a high volume target but we have 4 guys with different skill sets: Ruggs (elite speedster), Edwards (big body possession guy), Nelly (versatile guy with some big play ability), and Renfrow (slot guy with sure hands that can get open over the middle of the field). 

Carr does a pretty good job of spreading the ball around and with our personnel we're able to create mismatches. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I disagree, I think it should be Ruggs/Nelly/Renfrow with Edwards sprinkled in especially in the red zone. Renfrow leads our WR's this season in targets, catches, and yards. 

Renfrow is best used on 3rd down. That’s why I said sprinkled in. Still need the big target in Edwards and these reps this year will only make him better next year.