Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, Geezy said:

maybe Gruden wasnt as terrible as most think. 

Oh, as a pure coach I think he was good with a few obvious flaws, his trouble has always been he's too impulsive and terrible as a team builder who should never have been given the total control he had. If he'd just been HC with a strong GM above him it might have worked much better.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lol. I feel like I’m one of the few Jacobs supporters left. I really think the OL has done him dirty, but maybe it’s just me.

He started off great but that off-season is when we saw the video of him in Vegas acting a fool, it seemed things kinda went downhill from there. Kinda strange bc you figured a guy like him, considering where he came from, would be very humble. He's looked slower and, for a guy with very little wear on himself, he's getting hurt a lot. I think it might be time to move on as it's a fairly easy position to fill. Just my opinion on it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He started off great but that off-season is when we saw the video of him in Vegas acting a fool, it seemed things kinda went downhill from there. Kinda strange bc you figured a guy like him, considering where he came from, would be very humble. He's looked slower and, for a guy with very little wear on himself, he's getting hurt a lot. I think it might be time to move on as it's a fairly easy position to fill. Just my opinion on it

Fair enough. It’ll play itself out this year and next year anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lol. I feel like I’m one of the few Jacobs supporters left. I really think the OL has done him dirty, but maybe it’s just me.

I am sure he'll have a big bounce next year. The O-line was just terrible at the beginning of the season and still not that good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I like him but would never resign him.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’m with you. We’ll cross that road when we get there lol.

See, what's crazy is I actually would. 

I'd keep him around as a short yardage/goal line back, for the right price. 

I just don't think he's a true feature back and needs to spell someone, not have someone spell him. 

I'd take the Lendale White/Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams/Johnathan Stewart, etc approach with it myself. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The thing is, it was a genuine question when we drafted him and myself and others voiced concerns that he was stepping up in level and physicality and he'd be running more than he ever had, taking bigger hits than he ever had and durability would be a major concern.

I do agree that the OL hasn't really helped him much but I think the major thing holding him back is he always seems to have some kind of knock and never 100% and he didn't have elite athletic traits to begin with so when he's lacking explosive traits and he's also hampered he's really a rather plodding back.