Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Saved us the embarrassment of taking Ferrell #1 overall 😂

Whats crazy is that, there were some here (and I definitely understand the reasoning, I was 50-50), that wanted us to lose that game. In early Nov we already knew we were essentially out of the playoffs. 
Gruden love or hate him, turned this team around, even with all those wasted draft picks. 

Imagine if we actually drafted just slightly below average the last 3 years in the first 3 rounds haha. Wed be stacked. 

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

and by turned around, I just mean bottom feeder, (which he kind of turned it into himself), into a team that should at least be in the hunt until the final 2 or 3 weeks

I don't feel he turned it around. He took JDR's (25-23) squad, blew it up and went (19-31) in his first 3 years. 

You're right in he created the mess himself. He should have kept Mack and built around the all-pro on defense. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How many times do I have to say this.  You do not want Parker on the right side.  He is a LT.  Try him at LG if anything.  I do not blame Parker as much as I blame Cable.  This is something could have been fixed.  He would probably never been a great LT but could get the job done.  Should have not been drafted in the 3rd either.  Should have been a 5th round LT backup.  The best RT on this team is still Miller.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 4:28 AM, BackinBlack said:

Whats crazy is that, there were some here (and I definitely understand the reasoning, I was 50-50), that wanted us to lose that game. In early Nov we already knew we were essentially out of the playoffs. 
Gruden love or hate him, turned this team around, even with all those wasted draft picks.

This is simply not true.

In 2016 we went 12-4 and in 2017 we went 6-10, 18-14 over the two year period immediately prior to Gruden's tenure. Gruden took a hatchet to the side and his record was 4-12 in '18, 7-9 in '19 and 8-8 in '20. He had three full years of control, three more than full drafts, three full free agency periods and hand picked all his coaches, staff and assistants and didn't even break a winning record. He spent more first round picks than you can shake a stick at and upwards of 150 million in free agency and that correlated to 2 wins better than the year he took over. Absolutely shocking ineptitude.

Gruden turned nothing around, wasted a shedload of money and draft picks, picked a horrible DC who wasted three years and got himself canned and I'm sure 90% of this forum was absolutely relieved to see him go.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is simply not true.

In 2016 we went 12-4 and in 2017 we went 6-10, 18-14 over the two year period immediately prior to Gruden's tenure. Gruden took a hatched to the side and his record was 4-12 in '18, 7-9 in '19 and 8-8 in '20. He had three full years of control, three more than full drafts, three full free agency periods and hand picked all his coaches, staff and assistants and didn't even break a winning record. He spent more first round picks than you can shake a stick at and upwards of 150 million in free agency and that correlated to 2 wins better than the year he took over. Absolutely shocking ineptitude.

Gruden turned nothing around, wasted a **** load of money and draft picks, picked a horrible DC who wasted three years and got himself canned and I'm sure 90% of this forum was absolutely relieved to see him go.

haha yea i kinda alluded to that in my post right after. He made the mess himself. 
Although, 2017 something happened to the team around the Wash game, and maybe he felt things needed to be changed. 

But yeah, Gruden def scrathed the team to build it up his way. 2018 was essentially a wasted year. 

Also, I was very happy to see him go. 

• Like 1

I think while typing it out though, what I meant to say and never did, was that, I really jsut dont want to go back to the days of the season being over by start of Nov. 
I know we are iffy to make playoffs this year, but its nice that football still means something. 
Once the raiders are eliminated, i really stop caring about the nfl in general ahah

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I think while typing it out though, what I meant to say and never did, was that, I really jsut dont want to go back to the days of the season being over by start of Nov. 
I know we are iffy to make playoffs this year, but its nice that football still means something. 
Once the raiders are eliminated, i really stop caring about the nfl in general ahah

Oh, absolutely. Too many years we've only got the draft to look forward to after November had started 😁

The team has flashed this year true but I'm not going to give Gruden too much credit because he also let off a grenade in the building with his resignation/inglorious exit plus lumbering us with numbskulls like Arnette.

• Like 1