Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

How can that be unpopular?  To me it’s like common sense.  If we have a good OL Jacobs is going to have a great year, and vice versa.

because some of our fans think he sucks regardless and didnt notice how many 1 yard loss runs turned into 2-3 yard gains. lack of holes and such.  if he gets some blocking like in playoffs he will go for 1200 yards 10 tds easy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s not exactly how that happened.  If Someone takes your job you don’t have a job.  Leatherwood still had a job, he started at RG.  

He was drafted to play rt specifically we tried him there until it became obvious that Parker was slightly better at rt. 

34 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was drafted to play rt specifically we tried him there until it became obvious that Parker was slightly better at rt. 

I think it was more they thought Leatherwood-Parker were a better combination than Elemunor-Leatherwood. 

• Like 1

INDIANAPOLIS — It was a quiet week at the NFL Scouting Combine, with all of the quarterback talk largely on ice and with the lack of a dynamic top college prospect. But behind the scenes, the Raiders were working to make defensive end Maxx Crosby one of the highest-paid defensive players in the league.

Contract extension talks have begun and are going well, according to league sources, and there is a very good chance Crosby will get a new deal before quarterback Derek Carr.

Crosby, 24, is entering the final year of his contract and is coming off a Pro Bowl season in which he had eight sacks, 30 quarterback hits and 13 tackles for loss. Crosby also led the NFL with 92 pressures, according to TruMedia. That was well ahead of the Rams Aaron Donald, who was second with 77, and far outpaced the Steelers T.J. Watt, who finished 10th with 61.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, agarcia34 said:

INDIANAPOLIS — It was a quiet week at the NFL Scouting Combine, with all of the quarterback talk largely on ice and with the lack of a dynamic top college prospect. But behind the scenes, the Raiders were working to make defensive end Maxx Crosby one of the highest-paid defensive players in the league.

Contract extension talks have begun and are going well, according to league sources, and there is a very good chance Crosby will get a new deal before quarterback Derek Carr.

Crosby, 24, is entering the final year of his contract and is coming off a Pro Bowl season in which he had eight sacks, 30 quarterback hits and 13 tackles for loss. Crosby also led the NFL with 92 pressures, according to TruMedia. That was well ahead of the Rams Aaron Donald, who was second with 77, and far outpaced the Steelers T.J. Watt, who finished 10th with 61.

Slight misnomer there......of course Crosby is going to have more pressures that Watt, because Watt turned 23 of those pressures into actual sacks 😁😁 

If Crosby is going to be one of the top paid DEs he has to convert those pressures into sacks IMO. He has potential to be great but I think he needs to take that next step.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Slight misnomer there......of course Crosby is going to have more pressures that Watt, because Watt turned 23 of those pressures into actual sacks 😁😁 

If Crosby is going to be one of the top paid DEs he has to convert those pressures into sacks IMO. He has potential to be great but I think he needs to take that next step.

Pressures include sacks. 

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not on the sites I've seen, pressures are totally distinct from sacks I think.

You're thinking of a "hurry". Pressures is basically sacks and hurries lumped together. PFF and most places have sacks included in pressures, because it is a pressure. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You're thinking of a "hurry". Pressures is basically sacks and hurries lumped together. PFF and most places have sacks included in pressures, because it is a pressure. 

Fair enough. I stand corrected 👍

On 3/6/2022 at 12:59 PM, Dessie said:

I think it was more they thought Leatherwood-Parker were a better combination than Elemunor-Leatherwood. 

Correct.  It wasn’t solely because AL struggled at RT.  We were trying to get the best right side combination we could.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:54 PM, jimkelly02 said:

That’s essentially the list I, and I feel most people would have.  
I think leatherwood moves to G, preferably LG, and he a really good season.  I think he’a going to make a lot of people look silly for what they’ve said.

Yep. Was the exact same thing with Kolton Miller.

• Like 1