Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I know DC gets a lot of the blame for not converting TDs in the endzone, but man our OL does need to take some blame.  Thinking about it, they really couldn't stop getting penalties every time we got into the RZ.

This is very true but Carr's numbers have been below average for six straight years and that include when he had a pro bowl o-line.  I would accept the o-line issue if it was just last year but that just took it from below average to one of the league worst.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is very true but Carr's numbers have been below average for six straight years and that include when he had a pro bowl o-line.  I would accept the o-line issue if it was just last year but that just took it from below average to one of the league worst.

Well hopefully McDaniels can fix that.  He's better than every OC we've ever had IMO.  DC has been stuck with some pretty crappy OCs.  Even Gruden didn't know how to make half time adjustments.  It's why we always ended up getting destroyed in the second half of games during his tenure.  The best OC DC had was the OC during the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

• Like 2

Yes, carr deserves his criticism sometimes. But even cutting into thirds (carr/penalties/playcalling) isn’t fair. There’s the times you get receiver drops, or sacks etc. a perfect example was the sack against Cincinnati where we had Moreau singled against a top DE. However, I will say he could’ve recognized that and adjusted. Point being he shouldn’t have had to. Lol. This sh*tty debate will just never die, and I’d pay money for it to. So.... hopefully carr goes for 30+ tds and at least wins a playoff game. Cuz as much as the carr supporters are looking for the “next excuse” those 2 things I just mentioned are the ones carr detractors cling to (notice I didn’t say “haters “ lol) btw, no matter where you stand NOT ONE OF US ON HERE LIKES HIS FUMBLE PROBLEM!!!! so let’s not go there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Well hopefully McDaniels can fix that.  He's better than every OC we've ever had IMO.  DC has been stuck with some pretty crappy OCs.  Even Gruden didn't know how to make half time adjustments.  It's why we always ended up getting destroyed in the second half of games during his tenure.  The best OC DC had was the OC during the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

1st you said it was the OL. Now you're saying it was the OC's. I guess none of it is Carr's fault.

48 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

1st you said it was the OL. Now you're saying it was the OC's. I guess none of it is Carr's fault.

Carr fumbled running into the end zone.  I think he's done that twice.  He also fumbles like 12x a season which is terrible.  He definitely threw that pick at the end of the game against the Bengals.  Carr should definitely shoulder some blame for all of our losses.

Did I actually ever say he didn't make mistakes or that he was not to blame at all?  Calm down broseph.  I'm just saying I think DC will be better with Adams at #1 and McDaniels at OC.

I just think those are two solid upgrades over Greg Olson and Zay Jones.

But yeah the OL last season sucked and so did Greg Olson.  And Zay Jones isn't D. Adams.

So yeah.  Never said DC was without blame.  Geeze.

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

That's interesting. I would have hoped we started with Renfrow's first, Renfrow is an UFA next year, Waller we have under contract for 2 more years. But perhaps we already are. 

Could be what carr meant when he said that’s renfrows money in regards to Deebo? Very possible.

If you look at what Zeigler's done in regards to a potential 3 year plan, it's been interesting. He's locked up the premier positions at QB, WR, DE and LT(we already had). He's created 45 million of room for next year's team of only 22 players under contract. This would be the year to have stocked up on picks to begin rounding out the remainder of the team but couldn't because of Adams....it wouldn't surprise me if he traded a player or two on the last year of his contract t get a couple more picks for next year as we're going to need them. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

If you look at what Zeigler's done in regards to a potential 3 year plan, it's been interesting. He's locked up the premier positions at QB, WR, DE and LT(we already had). He's created 45 million of room for next year's team of only 22 players under contract. This would be the year to have stocked up on picks to begin rounding out the remainder of the team but couldn't because of Adams....it wouldn't surprise me if he traded a player or two on the last year of his contract t get a couple more picks for next year as we're going to need them. 

The offense will be together for 3 years I see the majority of picks on defense and OL in that span

• Like 1

Hankins, Bilal, V. Butler, M. Butler, Farrell, Vickers, Billings, Peko.

That's a very, very, very deep DT depth chart. It would be hilarious to see a Butler/Butler DT combo..... especially if our UDFA LB Butler gets some reps 😂

It'll be interesting to see who outplays who. Wonder if Bilal or Vickers will get some DE reps and Jones gets some LB reps. Koonce can rotate from LB to DE also, Graham is going to have  TON of different positional variations to work with. I really thought Butler, Vickers, Billings and Peko we're great depth pick ups and could make some plays and contribute from time to time, but more than a few are going to be the odd men out.