Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's crazy.  I never thought I would live in the time where companies are attempting to track us like this.  They want to know where we are, who we are, what we're doing, what we're buying, etc., just crazy.  This is part of the reason why I don't really go out.

You know it's nonsense/bad when the police don't even want to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It's crazy.  I never thought I would live in the time where companies are attempting to track us like this.  They want to know where we are, who we are, what we're doing, what we're buying, etc., just crazy.  This is part of the reason why I don't really go out.

I go out and when I hear things like this I just choose where I'll put my dollars to let them know I'm not good with this. I see the snipers when I'm chilling outside T-mobile Arena. Knights games are packed and there are tons of cops walking around for all to see but the sniper and spotter are interesting to notice. Probably standard since 2017

7 minutes ago, G said:

I go out and when I hear things like this I just choose where I'll put my dollars to let them know I'm not good with this. I see the snipers when I'm chilling outside T-mobile Arena. Knights games are packed and there are tons of cops walking around for all to see but the sniper and spotter are interesting to notice. Probably standard since 2017

I saw a video on Twitter about this.  I had no idea stadiums had snipers set up until I saw that video.  It was some woman that goes out to sporting events with her boyfriend/fiancé and she spends her time just looking for the snipers at sporting events.  The world is a crazy place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I guess I’m kind of numb to this.  After being stationed in Korea, I kind of got used to having everything monitored.

They have CCTV monitoring nearly everywhere in Seoul.  Gotta be honest for such a huge metropolitan city, they have a minuscule violent crime rate as a result of this and other measures. 

Edited by 101Raider

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

I guess I’m kind of numb to this.  After being stationed in Korea, I kind of got used to having everything monitored.

They have CCTV monitoring nearly everywhere in Seoul.  Gotta be honest for such a huge metropolitan city, they have a minuscule violent crime rate as a result of this and other measures. 

Interesting.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Excellent news, I was getting concerned. 

Still one to watch as it was concussion, presumably at training. Perhaps could’ve even been something innocuous, given I don’t think he even practiced in pads.

There were some reports that his history of head injuries were what dropped him in the draft…

Still, great news he’s back

A team can roll over cap space from one year to the other? Is that how the salary cap works? 

• So the Raiders would be able to carry over the 32m into 2025 with that cap space? 
  • Raiders projected to have 28m in cap space in 2025. So we would have 32m plus the 28m? Essentially 60m in cap space
  • Would make sense on the reason we let Jacobs walk. Smart GM to not pay RB when we have a nice young back in Zeus
  • Tom reset the books in one year, and added a stud DT 
  • Tom also drafted 2 starting OL in year 1
  • Tom also drafted maybe a top 5 talent at 13 and went BPA. Did not draft off need 
  • key free agents in 2025: Koonce, Diablo, Moehrig, Hobbs, Spillane, Epps - I think we let one or 2 walk and have plenty of cap to play with next year 

Tom has been cooking 

On 8/15/2024 at 10:53 AM, Humble_Beast said:

A team can roll over cap space from one year to the other? Is that how the salary cap works? 

• So the Raiders would be able to carry over the 32m into 2025 with that cap space? 
  • Raiders projected to have 28m in cap space in 2025. So we would have 32m plus the 28m? Essentially 60m in cap space
  • Would make sense on the reason we let Jacobs walk. Smart GM to not pay RB when we have a nice young back in Zeus
  • Tom reset the books in one year, and added a stud DT 
  • Tom also drafted 2 starting OL in year 1
  • Tom also drafted maybe a top 5 talent at 13 and went BPA. Did not draft off need 
  • key free agents in 2025: Koonce, Diablo, Moehrig, Hobbs, Spillane, Epps - I think we let one or 2 walk and have plenty of cap to play with next year 

Tom has been cooking 

Cap does roll over but becareful which site you get the numbers from.  Some already factor in the rollover. There is also a cap floor.  We must spend 89% averaged over a 4 year period.  I did not know that the NFL on a whole must spend 95%.

I believe they are setting up to pay our own guys if they prove themselves.