Dodgers trade Puig, Kemp, & Wood to the Reds

ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Well if they’re not ultimately concerned with staying under the LT, then signing Harper is definitely more of a possibility than it was yesterday.  I think they’re just trying to get the best of both worlds if possible 

As a Nats fan, I just don’t get it though? I love Harper and he’s a good player but he hasn’t even been our best player for a few years now. I mean, I guess the extra revenue he brings is nice but I don’t think other teams fans realize what they’re actually getting in Harper? 

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

As a Nats fan, I just don’t get it though? I love Harper and he’s a good player but he hasn’t even been our best player for a few years now. I mean, I guess the extra revenue he brings is nice but I don’t think other teams fans realize what they’re actually getting in Harper? 

Personally I don't want Harper but I represent a minority among Dodger fans. As for the revenue yes the jersey sales would be nice but the stadium already sells out and the TV deal is done for many many years. 

20 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Worst case scenario for fans of NL teams not named the Dodgers.  We should be hoping they stake it all on Harper.

False.  Worst case is them trading for Realmuto and Kluber, while also signing Harper.  They have the pieces to trade for both of those guys, and their revenue could easily sustain blowing past the LT tax threshhold every year.  

On 12/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, lavar703 said:

Potential.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, lavar703 said:

Because of what he did in 2015 and when healthy in 2017.  At his best he's a top-5 player in baseball and he's 26, we haven't had a free agent like that since ARod.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Personally I don't want Harper but I represent a minority among Dodger fans. As for the revenue yes the jersey sales would be nice but the stadium already sells out and the TV deal is done for many many years. 

Is the TV deal done? I remember that home games weren't broadcast on TV because time warner is greedy

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

Is the TV deal done? I remember that home games weren't broadcast on TV because time warner is greedy

Don't live down there but my understanding is that's a fight between the cable companies. One doesn't want to raise rates or something so they won't pay for their channel and it cuts off a lot of the fans from watching on TV. I could be wrong but I think that's what it's about. 

Archived