Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Avery is the one player they'll miss and I am not sure Smart can replicate that.

Smart can not replicate Avery's offense. He has turned into a true two way player with all world defense, and that cant be replicated. Smart D COULD get to similar level this year, he has steadily improved every year on that end. Offensively, Smart is nowhere near AB. Smart can hit his shots, but his FG% at 2pt and 3pt are both extremely low. A lot of that has to do with his shot selection, so he could improve offensively a lot like AB did but I don't see it happening. He isnt even a 3 and D guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

A #2 and a #3 option. great

Tatum is almost a lock to become a 20+ point scorer. Once he gets going along with what they have? The Celtics are going to have crazy firepower. But Kyrie will have to improve his all around game to make it work, and I believe he will do just that. 

Deadpulse, about IT being gone until the ASB:

The Athletic reported IT’s injury could linger until All-Star break.

“No one is willing to put a timeline on when Thomas might return to the court. The fact he isn’t running yet certainly is not a good sign. One source with experience dealing with the type of hip problems Thomas is facing predicted it could be January or even the All-Star break before Thomas returns to game action. That doesn’t leave much time for a new player to establish chemistry and rhythm with a team trying to compete for a championship.”

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Deadpulse, about IT being gone until the ASB:

The Athletic reported IT’s injury could linger until All-Star break.

“No one is willing to put a timeline on when Thomas might return to the court. The fact he isn’t running yet certainly is not a good sign. One source with experience dealing with the type of hip problems Thomas is facing predicted it could be January or even the All-Star break before Thomas returns to game action. That doesn’t leave much time for a new player to establish chemistry and rhythm with a team trying to compete for a championship.”

I'd be remiss if I didnt remind you about the mention feature @J-ALL-DAY ;)

I saw that come out today. It is mostly speculation from a guy who doesnt have access to IT4's charts, but concerning nontheless. I see it more as doom and gloom and less as something to take to heart, but he could still miss most of October and maybe November too. We will have to see. 

If LeBron wasn't such a diva, making Kyrie look out for his own best interests, the Celtics would have been screwed. Irving's a great fit in Steven's system, but his addition would have been a lot better if the Celtics still had Bradley. Perfect fit at SG next to him.