Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

While it wasn't "ignored", I agree with Redd that it wasn't exactly addressed... Except I equate it more to WR last year. 

We're OK at the position, but we're close to it being the worst unit on the the team. We didn't generate a consistent pass rush from the Edge last year, and we replaced 2 old dudes with another older dude and a late round pick. Maybe it works out, maybe Finch or Correa or the rook steps up... 

Or maybe something similar to what happened at wr happens again. No... no one can predict that 2 guys would not contribute all season... But go back to August of last year and read the thoughts from multiple posters regarding the thinly coated "fix" at wr, and how we were an injury away from CD84 to being a horrible unit. Well.... 

Last year, I suggested we just put our 3/4 best lbs on the field and just let it go. If that happens, then I'm less concerned. Not only would that help from the edges... But it'd help the pass rush in general since you can send anyone from any spot at any time. We know Brown is an outstanding Blitzer... And we know that was one of Evans strengths coming in (and should be showcased more in year 2). I'll hold off to see what happens, to see what Pees and Vrabel have in mind... But I am most concerned about the front 7 than any other position group this year. 

That's fair, but you can't fix everything.  They had a free agent signing and a draft pick, and if Landry was a good pick last season, he'll contribute more.  It probably is the weakest unit, but something has to be, and the only starters we lost contributed almost nothing last year to the pass rush.  Even if they didn't do enough to make it a strong unit, they addressed it, and it looks like it's strengthened, which is something.

We need interior pass rush yes we drafted Simmons but he’s really red shirted this year, & we need at least 2-3 interior rushers. How we don’t think we need to keep Casey Fresh & some insurance behind him is beyond me 🤷🏽‍♂️ If Cassey goes down so goes our defense 

Edge reminds me of WR last year. We’re expected more from previous draft picks and having a solid vet. If Landry doesn’t make the jump and Wake looks 36, then Robinson failed. They’d be in a much better position if Simmons was able to play from opening day but then again, he would’ve never made it to 19. They had numerous chances to take Walker and passed on him until the 5th so that explains their thoughts on him. Still think they’re expecting a jump from Landry and Finch(obviously not as big as Landry) and with Evans playing edge some and Wake being the vet in the room. Walker and Correa are next guys up in the rotation. Walker to me is a better run defender right now than pass-rusher despite his size. Correa is pretty bad against the run because he’s undisciplined in his rushes, always out of control. I think we’ll be better but unless Landry makes a huge jump, OLB will still be a huge need next season.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

On 5/11/2019 at 3:50 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Crazy how many of these guys are no longer in the league from just 7 years ago.

That's the only Titans game I've ever actually attended.  Alterraun Verner ripping the ball out of the receiver's hands and running it back for a TD was pretty damn awesome to watch.