Dolphins fire Adam Gase and reassigned Tannenbaum

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

He was reassigned, he didn't resign. As per that tweet anyway

Yeah I saw that too, just that either way, he's not the guy in charge as GM.  He and Ross are apparently close, which is why he wasn't fired outright, but he's no longer making the big decisions.   That's a huge change and frankly more important to MIA's long-term health.  Dude was a horror show as a GM, he thought cap space and picks were disposable assets worth getting vets at 2nd-contract $ as the path to victory.   

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Firing Gase was clearly a bad move, especially if they're looking to rebuild. Gase would be great with a young QB...

With the reports coming out of him favoring players, quitting on the team in the last month, brushing off the owner when asked to speak, willing to die for Tannehill which was the most telling considering Stephen Ross wanted Lamar Jackson , etc he had to go.

After reevaluating his tenure, he's better off as just a coordinator right now. I think Gase has potential to be a great HC but he can't micromanage a team like most of you think. 

3 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

With the reports coming out of him favoring players, quitting on the team in the last month, brushing off the owner when asked to speak, willing to die for Tannehill which was the most telling considering Stephen Ross wanted Lamar Jackson , etc he had to go.

After reevaluating his tenure, he's better off as just a coordinator right now. I think Gase has potential to be a great HC but he can't micromanage a team like most of you think. 

Not surprised to hear these reports hours after he's released; I'll take it all with a grain of salt until some time has passed; however, seeing all these social media posts from current/former players might indicate there's truth in this.

Gase apparently already has "multiple" teams reaching out to interview him for vacant HC spots.

26 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

Tannehill kept getting injured. Nothing Gase can do to control that, and I'm not convinced that we all know that, when healthy, Tannehill isn't a good quarterback. And while I think Jackson will probably end up being a quality starter, lots of people didn't and don't. Gase might be one of them. And brushing off the owner shouldn't factor into an evaluation of Gase's coaching ability.

21 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Gase apparently already has "multiple" teams reaching out to interview him for vacant HC spots.

It wouldn't surprise in the slightest. Nor would him having even more success at his next stop. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Tannehill kept getting injured. Nothing Gase can do to control that, and I'm not convinced that we all know that, when healthy, Tannehill isn't a good quarterback. And while I think Jackson will probably end up being a quality starter, lots of people didn't and don't. Gase might be one of them. And brushing off the owner shouldn't factor into an evaluation of Gase's coaching ability.

Tannehill being injured had nothing to with the offense's regression imo.  Actually, we performed better when they took the ball out of his hands.  RT Ja'Wuan James said it best "We never honestly had an identity. When you don’t have an identity as an offense it’s hard because you don’t know what to go to when things go wrong. You’re just trying stuff."

Our offense didn't have an identity before Gase and he didn't do a lot to rectify it while he was he coach. He'll catch on somewhere else but it won't be as a a HC. Watch and see. 

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Adam Gase overachieved with the talent he had in Miami. This is a bad move imo. Gase has his flaws, but Tannenbaum and the FO are the reasons why that team can't consistently win.

Kinda want the Jets to kick the tires on him. Seems like one of the only guys that would be a good bet to help Darnold take the next step. I always viewed the Dolphins as overachievers with him.

Just gotta hope the Browns don't sign him first. Wouldn't it be weird if he was reuinted with Landry? Didn't they clash in Miami?

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Adam Gase overachieved with the talent he had in Miami. This is a bad move imo. Gase has his flaws, but Tannenbaum and the FO are the reasons why that team can't consistently win.

Given how close Tannenbaum is with Ross, getting reassigned was the most fans could hope for.  But fans should make no mistake, like you said, Tannenbaum and the FO were a much bigger problem.  At least the fanbase has real hope with a new GM and hopefully a new FO regime.

2 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Our offense didn't have an identity before Gase and he didn't do a lot to rectify it while he was he coach. He'll catch on somewhere else but it won't be as a a HC. Watch and see. 

I will.

Because Ross obviously can't be the problem, right? 

Playcalling critiques have validity at times, but you can't argue with end-of-game results. Miami leads the NFL with a 76.9 win percentage (20-6) in one-score games since 2016. New England is second.

Interesting statistic. Yes, these games can be a little random and flukey, but a three year sample is pretty solid overall

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting statistic. Yes, these games can be a little random and flukey, but a three year sample is pretty solid overall

The problem was, most of of his wins are close. Very few Miami blowout victories.

On the other hand, when Miami lost, it was often by a large margin.

Miami's point differential during the Gase era was worse than Philbin's.

Archived