Giants to pick #6 in 2019 NFL draft

Acgott

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't have time for a fancy write up, so here is my final mock draft for this year. I am actually predicting some movement in the top-5 of this draft, but for the sake of the mock I'm going to keep it relatively tame. I see the Jets moving out of 3 tomorrow.

1. Cardinals- Kyler Murray

2. 49ers- Nick Bosa

3. Jets- Ed Oliver

4. Raiders- Quinnen Williams

5. Buccaneers- Josh Allen

6. GIANTS- DEVIN BUSH, LB MICHIGAN

17. GIANTS- JERRY TILLERY, DL NOTRE DAME

TRADE UP! Giants trade back into the tail end of the first round (pick 31) with their 2nd round pick, their latest 4th, and their middle 5th.

31. GIANTS- WILL GRIER, QB WVU

95. GIANTS- TYTUS HOWARD, OL ALABAMA STATE

Isn’t Devin White regarded as the best linebacker in the draft? I don’t know much about either player, so I’m curious about your reasoning 

33 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Isn’t Devin White regarded as the best linebacker in the draft? I don’t know much about either player, so I’m curious about your reasoning 

Devin White is a freak, but I think Gettleman may value the instincts and sure tackling that Bush has exhibited more than the potential White has. I like them both though. 

My mock (I think they might actually do this too) 

6: Josh Allen, OLB Kentucky (Ed Oliver and the Raiders mystery pick push him down)

17: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke (It's inevitable) 

37: Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State (More likely Greg Little here but I hate Greg Little so I refuse to put him in here, but it'll probably be Greg Little) 

95 (probably will be a trade chip but if not, corner. CB Julian Love, I guess?) 

108: Taylor Rapp, FS, Washington (I think they'll trade up somewhere in the high third round for Rapp)

132: Nate Davis, OG, Charlotte 

Somewhere in the 5th: Foster Moreau, TE, LSU 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2019 at 1:56 PM, celestial said:

Haskins or bust.

Well, Goodness Gracious, BUST I guess it is, then!

@celestial- Now, did you mean that the Giants, as a team, will now go "bust"-??

OR, did you mean that the pick- believed to have been Daniel Jones (also a QB!), rather than Haskins- would be a "bust"?

What is your prognosis for the two players, as individuals; and the Giants, as a team, going forward in light of this turn of events??

Really sickening they couldve taken a pass rusher and Dan Jones at the 17 slot instead. No teams at all were eyeing Jones except the Giants. The Skins had Haskins on their radar and i believe the Front office on our team turned a blind eye to that. So at minimum at the 6 slot we lost out on Josh Allen, Ed Oliver and even Devin Bush. 

Edited by Giants4eva

Sorry to see how things went with the 6th pick, Giants fans.  Maybe I'll be wrong about Jones, but coming from a Vikings fan, this had a real "Christian Ponderesque" feel to it.  We were in a similar position.  Desperately needed a QB and reached for a guy who probably would or should have been around in even the second round.  This was back when AD was the unquestioned best RB in the NFL, just like Saquon is now.  We ended up with a situation where our running back averaged more yards per rush attempt than our quarterback averaged per PASS attempt.  I'm no expert at scouting quarterbacks, but I knew the second I heard them announce Ponder's name that we had just made a pick that would set our franchise back for 3-4 years. 

It's never fun when a draft goes like that, but at least you have the fun of watching Saquon for the next several years.  Good luck with Daniel Jones.  For your sake, I hope I'm wrong about him.  :(