AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Man it’s funny having these announcers/commentators trying to pronounce these Nigerian last names lol

Any name that isn't straightforward is comical with NFL commentators. Don't know where you're from but the way the say Glasgow is a crime against humanity.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

That could have easily been called. You can’t push the receiver OB 10 yards off the LOS.

It could have. As long as it’s a no call going the other way I’m not going to be concerned. 

Just now, candyman93 said:

But I’m dead on 100% right. The chargers have figured out LJ.

Because they're playing a pure bear front which is completely stopping our inside runs, but they're doing it from a dime formation. They've deployed a strategy to stop our rushing attack, and so far it's worked. 

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Weddle knows a majority of Rivers' tendencies.  So I kind of understand a conservative approach - it also keeps Rivers from pressing too hard, which he's notorious for when he gets behind early and turns the ball over early.

It doesn't sound like the philosophy of a 12-win team, but trying to limit penalties and turnovers and get to the 2nd half (or even the 4th quarter) in a close game on the road isn't a terrible approach for a road playoff team.

It's OK as a principle, but you have to know where to pick your spots.   Run-run-run at the 6 was awful.  Rivers is your guy.   MG3 is hurt.  They chose Ekeler over Rivers/Allen/WR & Gates.   That's just bad ingame management IMO.    Likewise, going run-run-pass each set of downs just makes it easier for the BAL D.

I'm not suggesting they abandon the run.  But things like PA on 1st down with MG3, or even simple things like swing passes to the RB on 1st down (going 2-RB so BAL can't key on 1 guy), those are just creative ways to be unpredictable.   I do agree you stick to the run on the road if you're ahead - just can't be so predictable it hurts the O - and in the RZ, you have to give a shot to your cornerstone QB to make some plays.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ravens fans got annoyed when I said the chargers would figure out LJ.

So far I’m right. Just hit a running QB.

Bit of irony, and Romo's actually right on this one, they (Chargers) are borrowing a play from the Browns' approach to LJ last week, just doing it with different personnel alignment.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because they're playing a pure bear front which is completely stopping our inside runs, but they're doing it from a dime formation. They've deployed a strategy to stop our rushing attack, and so far it's worked. 

You guys completely deserve some weird deployment after what you guys did to us last time with the shotgun offset I formation. 

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Bit of irony, and Romo's actually right on this one, they (Chargers) are borrowing a play from the Browns' approach to LJ last week, just doing it with different personnel alignment.

Our scheme worked our players didn’t. I told another chargers fan that you guys will be fine. You have superior personnel to Cleveland.

Archived