AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

Did Lynn decide to channel Mike McCoy?   The D has come up huge in stopping the run, and Lamar has been jittery, but Lynn & Whiz's gameplan has been awful.  You don't beat BAL's D by being predictable, yet that's exactly what Chargers have been with run-run-pass (and run-run-run from the 6).  

I get they don't want to make mistakes, but at some point you have to play to win the game, instead of not lose.  That's what McCoy was famous for.   LAC could be up 10-0 and driving again.   On the road it only takes 1 big play and suddenly all that work goes poof.  SMH here.

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Is there any circumstance in the world in which Rivers could somehow have a 15 yard rush?

The Special Olympics?  A monsoon game where he trips, goes untouched, and hydroplanes for an extra 6 yards?

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Did Lynn decide to channel Mike McCoy?   The D has come up huge, but Lynn & Whiz's gameplan has been awful.  You don't beat BAL's D by being predictable, yet that's exactly what Chargers have been with run-run-pass (and run-run-run from the 6).  

I get they don't want to make mistakes, but at some point you have to play to win the game, instead of not lose.  That's what McCoy was famous for.   LAC could be up 10-0 and driving again.   On the road it only takes 1 big play and suddenly all that work goes poof.  SMH here.

I don’t know what the answer is. Baltimore is sitting on screens. Dominating the run game, and their pass rush isn’t giving Rivers enough time for downfield routes to develop. The play calls have been meh but Baltimore’s defense is just shutting everything down. 

Archived