AFC Wild Card: Chargers @ Ravens

JAF-N72EX

This gameplan doesn't surprise me out of Lynn and Whisenhunt right now.  I'm not confident it's a winning one in a playoff game, but I understand the logic behind "limit mistakes early on, trust the defense to shut the opponent down" on the road.  If they don't open up the offense some when they have the wind in even quarters, though, that's a bad look.

Just now, Malik said:

I hate that so many offenses are predicated around YAC. QBs going for easy completions and hoping to be bailed out by their receiver running for the 1st down instead of throwing to line to gain.

It's funny because right now Chargers fans are complaining about taking easy throws + YAC and some Ravens fans in our sub are complaining about us only throwing deep and not taking the easy throws with YAC.

1 minute ago, teude said:

I was being serious.

While I would agree for one game in the playoffs right now Flacco might be the better choice. You bench your rookie QB in his first playoff game... I don’t think mentally he ever recovers from that. Penny wise, dollar foolish. You don’t risk your potential franchise QB. Harbaugh has to stand by him now. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Haha yep, thought it was a bad decision kicking the FG over going for it. But it worked out for the Chargers. 

Meh, going for it on a 4 and 3 when your defense is playing well and your offense has only avgered 2 yards per play does not seem like a good option either.  

Just now, Boltstrikes said:

While I would agree for one game in the playoffs right now Flacco might be the better choice. You bench your rookie QB in his first playoff game... I don’t think mentally he ever recovers from that. Penny wise, dollar foolish. You don’t risk your potential franchise QB. Harbaugh has to stand by him now. 

We'll be fine after we figure out how to stop fumbling. This is the worst our offense has looked in the past 7 weeks, and only part of it is because the Chargers are beating us at the point of attack.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

This gameplan doesn't surprise me out of Lynn and Whisenhunt right now.  I'm not confident it's a winning one in a playoff game, but I understand the logic behind "limit mistakes early on, trust the defense to shut the opponent down" on the road.  If they don't open up the offense some when they have the wind in even quarters, though, that's a bad look.

You also run the risk of wasting momentum in the game.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We'll be fine after we figure out how to stop fumbling. This is the worst our offense has looked in the past 7 weeks, and only part of it is because the Chargers are beating us at the point of attack.

I think it’s mostly just nerves. I expect them to get a lot better as the game goes on. 

Archived