Divisional round

BillSabre

34 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Sounds like you are just another victim of The Master. In fact I heard the real reason he came back to FF is because no community on Reddit would embrace him anymore, he gained too much notoriety, going from sub-reddit to sub-reddit, just putting people's minds into pretzels with his dastardly tricks. Better off just to lay down your sword, unless you want to get embarrassed further.  

Bacon cant read and follow along worth a poop. In fact, he is probably reading your troll right now and will regurgitate it as truth next week. 

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Mattsy and I are in spirited debate

it's

DAK is good (one of the best in the league? or better than Wentz? IDK)

vs

He's the Uber Tebow, like if 2011 Tebow had bottled up what he had and learned to throw properly and no one was interested in him off the field./they would be way better all 3 years with Romo back there.

Dak, when he has decent tools around him, is a near top 10 QB. Somewhere in the 10-15 range. Ive already admitted that he isnt as good as Wentz. But to compare him to Teebow is just way too far. There is nothing statistical or otherwise to make that comparison. Dak is better at everything than Teebow. That the equivalent of me saying Wentz is a super version of Bradford. Drafted high but always injured.  

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

11 personnel + strong vertical passing attack + Jared Goff + jet motion and bunch sets

Hire Jeff Fisher. You'll see.

No.

FWIW - I agree with every single answer here. It validated my opinion as well that the Cowboys OC/QB coach are severely repressing Daks potential. 

41 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Wait so now were comparing a 29 year old Nick Foles to a early 20s Tom Brady?

Wow. Our NFCE rival fans must REALLY want Carson gone and out of their lives. So they are saying whatever they can to pimp up BDN. 

This is great.

FWIW, Its well known in your forum that I personally think Wentz >> Foles. So anytime I make joke other wise, its simply a joke. 

Please take a screen shot of this so you dont forget it. 

The only thing Wentz needs to prove is that he can compete in a big game. He simply hasnt been in one yet. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

FWIW - I agree with every single answer here. It validated my opinion as well that the Cowboys OC/QB coach are severely repressing Daks potential. 

I guess it depends on what you see as Dak's potential. He can have an underwhelming OC and still not be a special QB. Dak is still a pretty flawed QB. I think Alex Smith is a somewhat reasonable comparison. Obviously, I don't mean crappy Alex Smith. I mean more along the lines of Harbaugh/Reid Alex Smith. 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I guess it depends on what you see as Dak's potential. He can have an underwhelming OC and still not be a special QB. Dak is still a pretty flawed QB. I think Alex Smith is a somewhat reasonable comparison. Obviously, I don't mean crappy Alex Smith. I mean more along the lines of Harbaugh/Reid Alex Smith. 

It would be kinda hard to know his potential with a bad OC. You guys suffered it. Eagle suffered it. But feels like neither one of your fan bases want to acknowledge how Dak could be in the same spot. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak, when he has decent tools around him, is a near top 10 QB. Somewhere in the 10-15 range. Ive already admitted that he isnt as good as Wentz. But to compare him to Teebow is just way too far. There is nothing statistical or otherwise to make that comparison. Dak is better at everything than Teebow. That the equivalent of me saying Wentz is a super version of Bradford. Drafted high but always injured.  

I said Tebow playoff year Mattsy, thats's prime tebow...I think you started the paragraph getting at what I mean.
Why does he need decent tools around him? Why isn't he that good on his own? Why doesn't he elevate the players around him like a top 10 QB?

It's a hyperbolic takey way that he has some tools but is a system QB....I never hear you guys talk about Dak or the media without all these qualifications.

He's the UBER TEBOW: Thicker, Stronger, with new 2.0 Arm throwing motion (No Spazy slow side motion!).

I think Carson Palmer is more the comp for Wentz, talented but injuries hamper him to the point he's no longer a great talent (Wentz has way more of a ceiling than Palmer to start)
He finishes out his days on bottom feeder teams who try to unlock the old Wentz. That's the worst case I see. He's an actual good QB unlike Bradford ever was.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

LMAO NEWS FLASH Wentz was 5-6 before he got injured AGAIN and it was Foles who came in and saved the season AGAIN.  No it's no mistake Wentz would be Bledsoe and to think you actually said you had a man crush on Foles. LIES!!!xD

Are you honestly trying to say 2001 Bledsoe/Wentz and Foles/Brady are at similar spots in their careers? How many garbage playoff games did Bledsoe have by 2001? 

By all means, respond with more emojis and caps for effect.  I’ll do it for you:

:D...MAN CRUSH...WET DREAM...LMAO...xD“  

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It would be kinda hard to know his potential with a bad OC. You guys suffered it. Eagle suffered it. But feels like neither one of your fan bases want to acknowledge how Dak could be in the same spot. 

Because we don't have a reason to want Dak to secretly be better than he is. Could McVay pump up his stats? Sure. Would he magically become a better QB than Goff and Wentz? I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Why does he need decent tools around him? Why isn't he that good on his own? Why doesn't he elevate the players around him like a top 10 QB?

I feel this way about almost every QB. When Wentz/Goff/others have decent tools, they looked much better than when they didnt. Team game. Coaches and teammates directly affect QB performance. The only ones excluded from this (to a degree) are the HOF guys. 

Dak does elevate his teammates to a degree. But not like the elite guys. Which is why I said borderline top 10 and not elite. He is in that next rung down.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Because we don't have a reason to want Dak to secretly be better than he is. Could McVay pump up his stats? Sure. Would he magically become a better QB than Goff and Wentz? I doubt it.

If Dak can do what he did the last 3 years for the rest of his career with 2 conditions, I will be perfectly happy with him for the next 10 years.

1. Become more consistent. 

2. Show the mental/footwork improvements that all QBs do with age. 

I think coaching helps with both those, personally. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Even if you cant, you can scheme to manage it. Along with obviously a good OL. 

you can, but you shouldn't have to scheme fit pocket awareness into and reading a defense out of an offense for an "elite top tenish QB"

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel this way about almost every QB. When Wentz/Goff/others have decent tools, they looked much better than when they didnt. Team game. Coaches and teammates directly affect QB performance. The only ones excluded from this (to a degree) are the HOF guys. 

Dak does elevate his teammates to a degree. But not like the elite guys. Which is why I said borderline top 10 and not elite. He is in that next rung down.

Everyone is better with better players, but the good ones make it work with non-elite players or are fine with players not showing up some weeks.
Dak seems to be special in that he needs his team to be good and he doesn't play well when they don't play well.

Yes it's just a kind of natural thing, but not this apparent and obvious.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

you can, but you shouldn't have to scheme fit pocket awareness into and reading a defense out of an offense for an "elite top tenish QB"

Everyone is better with better players, but the good ones make it work with non-elite players or are fine with players not showing up some weeks.
Dak seems to be special in that he needs his team to be good and he doesn't play well when they don't play well.

Yes it's just a kind of natural thing, but not this apparent and obvious.

You keep saying things like:  "elite top tenish QB", and I am being very specific in that he isnt elite. 

I will say this, I dont think Wentz nor Goff nor a lot of other QBs have ever done it without a strong supporting cast. So they fall into the same category. 

Archived