Divisional round

BillSabre

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

Patriots have allowed fewer points at home (133) than the Chargers have allowed on the road (159), and the Patriots have a much better defensive DVOA (which accounts for offenses played) at home (-18.3%) than the Chargers have on the road (-4.7%). So I am accounting for defenses played.

We can play all sorts of games by cherrypicking individual games. The Chargers allowed 35 to the Rams, 30 to the Steelers and 28 to the Chiefs. So they haven't held a good offense to fewer than 28 points on the road. They also allowed 20 points to a Bills team that scored in single digits in five games this season.

I am not saying the Chargers aren't a good defense, and I think they are a better defense than the Patriots on a neutral field. But in Foxboro I think it's a toss-up on the defensive side.

You have to consider the timing of the games too. They are considerably better with Bosa in the lineup. I haven't looked at the split yet but I'd make my predictions more based off the defense with him than in the first half of the year without him.

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I simply disproved all your trash talk.

No need to screen shot it. Go to our forum and ask "Whats Matts opinion on Garrett and how long has he had it"? Ill give you the link:

You will find out that I have felt this way for probably 5-7 years. Hell, @Calvert28 is in this thread. He doesnt like Garrett as much as I do, so he can clearly back up the idea that I support him. He might even back up the idea that Garrett is a leader, even though he feels JG is a poop coach. Even the biggest hater of Garrett in our entire fanbase will also (probably) back me up that he is a leader - @plan9misfit

I can’t stand Garrett as a coach and am no fan of Quincy Carter 2.0 as our QB, but I’d say they’re both very good leaders. Make no mistake: Garrett can’t coach, and Quincy can’t throw (and sacks himself way too often), but the leadership is there.

Garrett claps really well, though.

54 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

You have to consider the timing of the games too. They are considerably better with Bosa in the lineup. I haven't looked at the split yet but I'd make my predictions more based off the defense with him than in the first half of the year without him.

True, that's a good point. That said, with Bosa they allowed 30 @ PIT and 28 @ KC. Even with Bosa, a good offense can put up points on this D. The question is how good the NE offense is. I'm not sure myself. They're like Jekyll and Hyde - great one week, practically non-existent the next.

10 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

There is alot of NFC hostility in here. All is chill on the AFC side. NFC fans shouldnt be fighting, youre gonna place 2nd to the big bad AFC in the big game this year anyways. 

There's not a lot of hostility for the Eagles/Saints. It's just mostly Cowboys and Rams fans. But the best teams of the NFC >>> best teams of the AFC.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

There's not a lot of hostility for the Eagles/Saints. It's just mostly Cowboys and Rams fans. But the best teams of the NFC >>> best teams of the AFC.

He’s mad the Bears are out. There is zero hostility lol. Just bunch of high testosterone alphas vs Betas. 

13 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

There is alot of NFC hostility in here. All is chill on the AFC side. NFC fans shouldnt be fighting, youre gonna place 2nd to the big bad AFC in the big game this year anyways. 

NFC is the lower class. They cant stop bickering.

Meanwhile the AFC hoists the trophy. And is gonna have to raise them up by the boot straps

3 hours ago, childofpudding said:

True, that's a good point. That said, with Bosa they allowed 30 @ PIT and 28 @ KC. Even with Bosa, a good offense can put up points on this D. The question is how good the NE offense is. I'm not sure myself. They're like Jekyll and Hyde - great one week, practically non-existent the next.

Playoff Brady is normally badass. 

14 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Are you honestly trying to say 2001 Bledsoe/Wentz and Foles/Brady are at similar spots in their careers? How many garbage playoff games did Bledsoe have by 2001? 

By all means, respond with more emojis and caps for effect.  I’ll do it for you:

:D...MAN CRUSH...WET DREAM...LMAO...xD“  

You know that's not what I meant. But your response does imply that you have nothing more to retort with. ;)

Archived