Divisional round

BillSabre

58 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You know that's not what I meant. But your response does imply that you have nothing more to retort with. ;)

You didn’t answer my question because you know Bledsoe didn’t often lead his team to the playoffs, and stunk it up when he did.  

Foles is the more accomplished passer at this point.  Wentz is the younger, less proven qb the coach loves and sees limitless potential in.  

You’re really not making a good comparison, instead using hindsight as an excuse to go with the less prolific passer based on one hardly similar situation.  

But I’m the one who has nothing to retort with...

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Bro everyone and they’re momma knows the chiefs are losing vs the colts. Even you do, how does that feel? 

I don't pretend to have half the football knowledge that a lot of the smart posters here have; and as a Giants' fan I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I find myself rooting for the Colts- not just against the Chiefs, but in the entire playoffs. The way they, and Andrew Luck, have pulled it together this year; the way they went out and built an offensive line, thus allowing Luck to do what he can do, and jump-starting their running game. Even if one's own team isn't in the race, it's fun to see an underdog team that has suffered through tough times playing on the big stage, and, who knows?, maybe winning another game or two!

Image result for andrew luck

9 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

I mean... Pats maybe. But you went 2-2 vs the NFC and the two you lost were against playoff teams.

Collectively, more NFC teams had losing records vs the AFC than AFC teams had vs NFC teams. In fairness, NFC playoff teams fair good vs AFC teams. Primarily Saints and Rams who collectively went 8-0. Rest of the NFC playoff teams went 8-8. 

18 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Collectively, more NFC teams had losing records vs the AFC than AFC teams had vs NFC teams. In fairness, NFC playoff teams fair good vs AFC teams. Primarily Saints and Rams who collectively went 8-0. Rest of the NFC playoff teams went 8-8. 

Sean Mcvay is undefeated vs AFC teams. Don’t let that man get to the Sb.! Securing the bag and dubyas. 

27 minutes ago, bzane said:

I don't pretend to have half the football knowledge that a lot of the smart posters here have; and as a Giants' fan I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I find myself rooting for the Colts- not just against the Chiefs, but in the entire playoffs. The way they, and Andrew Luck, have pulled it together this year; the way they went out and built an offensive line, thus allowing Luck to do what he can do, and jump-starting their running game. Even if one's own team isn't in the race, it's fun to see an underdog team that has suffered through tough times playing on the big stage, and, who knows?, maybe winning another game or two!

Image result for andrew luck

I don't have anything against the Colts, but when you've had either Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck as your QB for the better part of 20 years it's hard to feel sorry for ya.

I just feel like the AFC championship will be Chiefs vs Chargers. They were the two best teams in the AFC all year. Colts and Pats provide very tough challenges respectively, but I think KC and LA are on a collision course for the rubber match.

NFC will probably be Rams vs Saints, but the Cowboys have a shot at pulling the upset with their defense and running game. I don’t see any way the Eagles beat the Saints, just an awful match up for them.

3 hours ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

I just feel like the AFC championship will be Chiefs vs Chargers. They were the two best teams in the AFC all year. Colts and Pats provide very tough challenges respectively, but I think KC and LA are on a collision course for the rubber match.

NFC will probably be Rams vs Saints, but the Cowboys have a shot at pulling the upset with their defense and running game. I don’t see any way the Eagles beat the Saints, just an awful match up for them.

If the Chargers beat the Pats, after playing at Denver in wk 17, playing at Baltimore last week then playing at NE this week then they will certainly have earned a trip. That's a helluva lot of jet lag. I would think it would start to wear the players out. I think the Chargers are better but even without all that travel, Brady and Belichick at home in the playoffs? Yikes.

I think the Cowboys do have a chance because their strengths are a tough matchup for the Rams. I still have the Rams though and think the Saints hold serve convincingly.

With the Texans and Bears eliminated, I'm hoping for a Chargers/Saints SB. 

Brees vs the guy drafted to take his place in San Diego (Los Angeles) is high drama, and both guys could use a ring to solidify their careers. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

With the Texans and Bears eliminated, I'm hoping for a Chargers/Saints SB. 

Brees vs the guy drafted to take his place in San Diego (Los Angeles) is high drama, and both guys could use a ring to solidify their careers. 

That was over 12 years ago man. That's a long time for a storyline like that. Like, Vince Young won rookie of the year it was so long ago.

Archived