Divisional round

BillSabre

I still think the Colts will pull it off but we shall see. I think the Cowboys/Rams is a toss up. Whoever has the ball last? I can never count of Patriots but I am rooting for the Chargers. Hope Saints get the win.

21 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Snow storm and possibly rain/snow in KC.  That’s a big help for trench warfare.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see an upset.  Or the under (57 pts wow).   Or both.  

If the field is covered in snow and it’s snowing in game a hidden edge comes up for IND.  The Colts are in all white uni’s so harder to see the defenders.  The O knows where the receivers will be so it matters more to pick up the D.   If the field stays clear then no edge but the weather really could change this game script. 

First half will be fine. Field is heated and covered. It's if it continues into the 2nd half, where we could see it get sluggish. From what I understand, it's supposed to be light snow throughout the day, so it should be fine.

Saints 28 - Eagles 24

Rams 24 - Cowboys 13

Patriots 24 - Chargers 31

Chiefs 20 - Colts 31

All of the lower seed teams came on strong toward the end of the season where as the higher seeds seemed to slip later in the season. The Cowboys unfortunately have a lot of momentum (I hate the cowboys) and I'm afraid they match up well against the Rams. I still feel the Rams will pull it off, because the Cowboys simply don't do well on the road and Dak is due to put up a dud. 

Eagles are the scariest team in the league with big D Foles. The entire team plays with much more confidence when Foles is behind center. I can't explain it but Foles seems to find a way to win games and put his team in a position to win games. Unfortunately for Foles, I truly believe this is Drew Brees year to win his second superbowl ring. I think Eagles will hold their own, but at the end of the day the Saints will simply be too good. 

Charges are one of the hottest teams out there. Their offense has been blazing and it's nice to see Rivers having this type of season. Chargers beat the Patriots IMO, the Patriots are still a good team, I just don't believe they have the team to take them deep into the playoffs and I'd be really surprised of they get past the Chargers on Sunday. It will be a close game, but I think the Chargers will pull it off and we'll see a early exit for Brady and company this playoffs.

At the end of the day, I think Mahomes lack of experience is going to cost them this week. Luck has been playing on a high level and is showing he's matured as a QB and is back in prime form. Lucks experience is going to win the game for his team this week and Mahomes lack of experience is going to cost his team. 

4 hours ago, Asciimo said:

how is LAC not the favorite.. better team, better record, harder division. there is no "upsetting" the patriots when they aren't the better team.

Pats have been an absurdly different team between home and away games. The Pats at home beat half of the AFC playoff field. The Pats away couldn't beat the Lions, Jags, Dolphins, or Titans. I can understand them being favored at Foxborough.

Archived