BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

9 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Random FA question ( @SirA1?) How should one handle a person that is a FA in the BDL but signed on a 5th year option in regards to the 50% rule?

Example: Arik Armstead

Spotrac shows: $9843/4 years but in 2019 it will be his 5th year and he will be making $9046

Will anyone bidding on him be required to start at $2461 or $4523?

It would be his 5th year option. 

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

BTW, I just remembered this little gem from Xmad:

That was before Sanu broke out. 

He's also better than the All-Pro WR on my team so there is that. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

@SwoleXmad bogus

How many 1,000 yard seasons has Julio had?

How many has Sanu had? 

Case closed. 

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

That was before Sanu broke out. 

He's also better than the All-Pro WR on my team so there is that. 

How many 1,000 yard seasons has Julio had?

How many has Sanu had? 

Case closed. 

Oh I want to play! 

Did you all see DJ Moore break out at the end of last year?! Just imagine if Cam could have actually thrown the ball! Moore would have been up the best WR in the league! Except Thielen of course

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Xmad is my hero

I see you're drinking again. 

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Oh I want to play! 

Did you all see DJ Moore break out at the end of last year?! Just imagine if Cam could have actually thrown the ball! Moore would have been up the best WR in the league! Except Thielen of course

Let me put it this way, Mohamed sanu averaged 5.25 catches the final 4 games. Dude's a stud. 

• Like 1

Rumors from the rumor mill provided to you by Yours Truly Wes Zbarra.

According to a source wsr is not done making free free agency roster moves. According to the latest rumor they plan to add at least one or two more pieces on defense before getting two free agency. Obviously if you look at the roster his team does need a few things but they're also pretty deep in a couple of areas. With so many options in free agency you've got to wonder what they have planned at this point

Breaking news! BDL Prime Time news reports that Portland lame ducks have acquired wide receiver Mike Williams among others in exchange for their first round pick in 2020. Portland got a nice hole in return they now have a Premiere starting wide receiver in a few other pieces that may help them be more competitive in 2020 in Anchorage has bolstered their draft capital for next year in preparation for what is it most certainly a rebuild year

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SirA1 said:
19 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Random FA question ( @SirA1?) How should one handle a person that is a FA in the BDL but signed on a 5th year option in regards to the 50% rule?

Example: Arik Armstead

Spotrac shows: $9843/4 years but in 2019 it will be his 5th year and he will be making $9046

Will anyone bidding on him be required to start at $2461 or $4523?

It would be his 5th year option. 

So the option is treated as a separate one year deal instead of wrapping it into the rookie deal? Aka the number is $4523?

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So the option is treated as a separate one year deal instead of wrapping it into the rookie deal? Aka the number is $4523?

Yes for bidding purposes. I was right shouldn’t have doubted myself 

• Like 1