BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Two proposals for our winter owners' meeting

1. Open the voting for the Bizz Bowl for one full week - with the Xmas break we saw owners didn't vote / comment this week, which is very understable. 

2. Move the draft from Thu to Wed juste before the actual NFL draft

I agree with 1. I like having the draft two weeks before the actual one. Really tests everyone’s scouting skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Christmas week is always an issue. We didn't really think this through in the owners meeting but since we end the season there, having more time to vote and comment is possible and would help. I barely thought about getting my vote in and did mine at like 4am. 

I have decided to give it another go next year. Hopefully I don't quit halfway through. We need a new owner for OKC. @Pickle Rick you want to stay on as Hawaii owner?

@The Orca @Blue @Malfatron or others : any interest in the vacant position? 

Well that sucks, me and Whicker had a trade worked out for the offseason...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

"My watch has ended." 

For health, sanity and time reasons I am giving up all BDL responsibilities except for running my own team in 2020. 

Well I've been pounding the table to be allowed to help out more.

I'd sincerely like to thank everyone for allowing me to do arguably the most important thread of the entire season. I had a lot of fun with it. It was an honor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

"My watch has ended." 

For health, sanity and time reasons I am giving up all BDL responsibilities except for running my own team in 2020. 

I did that this year and it really is needed every few years.  I can pick up some of your slack(game threads and such) next season.  But probably not spreadsheet cause im not great at that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

"My watch has ended." 

And we thank you for your service.

I am working on the 2020 roster sheet. We can discuss the rest later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Christmas week is always an issue. We didn't really think this through in the owners meeting but since we end the season there, having more time to vote and comment is possible and would help. I barely thought about getting my vote in and did mine at like 4am. 

I have decided to give it another go next year. Hopefully I don't quit halfway through. We need a new owner for OKC. @Pickle Rick you want to stay on as Hawaii owner?

@The Orca @Blue @Malfatron or others : any interest in the vacant position? 

Yes.  I will be staying on as the Hawaii owner, although we will be rebranding at some point 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think Gotham may have one more than one? But if they did it's before the league got this good! Haha.

Thanks everyone. Definitely not the year I thought I'd win another but I'm very happy and appreciate the votes all year.

Just one for me, I think mdb won 2?  I made a final against PSU once and you were the deciding vote.  #neverforget

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Disappointing to see such few votes in the biggest game of the season and especially only a few providing reasoning. Thanks @wwhickok @Counselor and @TedLavie for commenting. Not sure who else voted given votes were private but thank you too. 

Another enjoyable yet tiring season down. Glad to have been able to contest the Bizzbowl after falling just short the past two seasons and there's few champions as deserving as @Jlashwho's consistently fielded strong teams for as long as I've been a part of this league. 

I can't say I'm not disappointed about the loss because I think I've built an incredible team with no weaknesses (Josh Allen is a top 10 QB change my mind) and plenty of strengths, but I think the same could be said about Camden (and even Cuba who I fortuitously managed to get past in the semi-finals). With that said you can always get better and that's what I plan to do ahead of next season.

Thank you all for this season. On to the next. 

Great season for you,I would've shorted the eff out of your chances to make the Bizzbowl with Josh Allen at the beginning of the season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

"My watch has ended." 

You have put in an insane amount of work since this started, thank you for all that have done.  Sit back and relax, you've earned it.

Edited by pheltzbahr
  • Like 4

@bcb1213 and I will probably need another roster bro soon. I usually deal with the structural part with Mike and bcb and SirA take care of the day to day operations. We would need someone to replace SirA here.

It’s a lot less work than it used to be, but it still requires to process things quickly so someone who is here usually every day would be cool. I'm available to explain the in and outs of the spreadsheet to whoever is interested.