BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

11 hours ago, PR said:

You made me consider something I hadnt.

In reference to Kirkpatrick, isnt Apple better?

No.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Guess you don't like my FA pick-up in Anthony Harris as much as I do.

I think he could be a solid player.  Gopher wanted us to add him because he thought Harris would go for cheap.  But he only started half the season last year, so we will have to see.

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think he could be a solid player.  Gopher wanted us to add him because he thought Harris would go for cheap.  But he only started half the season last year, so we will have to see.

Yea he went for a little more than I would have liked but I have high expectations for him based on how well he did that half of a season

2020 Mock Draft - Order is based off my power rankings.

1.  OKC - Justin Herbert, QB - If Rosen doesn’t prove himself this year, they will need a QB of the future.  Herbert has to be the pick if OKC is drafting #1.
2.  Seoul - Jerry Jeudy, WR - With two aging WRs, it’s time to bring in a #1 for Kyler.  Jeudy is the easy choice here. 
3.  Anchorage - Laviska Shenault, WR - N’Keal, Kupp, and Laviska would give Haskins 3 very talented, young WRs for years to come.  Add them to Christian, Fant, and Kittle and this offense could do just about anything it wanted. 
4.  Hawai’i(Williamsport) - Andrew Thomas, OT - Bulaga is old, Robinson is hurt, and Decker is questionable.  Thomas might be the best OT prospect since Taylor Lewan and would make Russell/Saquon that much scarier. 
5.  Cuba(Camden) - Chase Young, Edge - Cuba would sprint this one up.  They have a huge weakness at edge and a Young/Gary combo on the edge would be physically imposing.
6.  New Orleans - Walker Little, OT - Little is neck-and-neck with Thomas for top OT prospect, but they’re both top tier LT prospects.  Taking Little would let Jawaan go to RT, Jonah to LG, Travis stays at C, and one of Bitonio/Zeitler to RG while trading the other.  That is an elite looking and cheap OL. 
7.  Hungary - A.J. Epenesa, Edge - They need a dominant force on the edge.  Graham will slow down soon and Key/Collier are unproven.  A DE group that has Epenesa, Collier, and Key gives them a lot of flexibility and depth for the future.
8.  Gotham - Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge - Gotham could use a young edge rusher to continue a history of a dominant DL.  YGM, Watt, Leonard, and Jones would be scary.
9.  Anchorage(Portland) - C.J. Henderson, CB - I know that ANC added 3 CBs, but if none of them show anything, or if Trumaine and Chidobe regress, they’ll need a true #1 corner.  Henderson gives them a true #1.
10.  Cuba - Derrick Brown, INT - Cuba has no depth behind Cox and Casey and Casey will only be under contract for one year after this season.  Brown would be a perfect addition to this DL.
11.  Berlin - Tua Tagovailoa, QB - We will need a QB of the future after Brady, and Tua is great value here.
12.  Anchorage(Sing) - De’Andre Swift, RB - It’s hard to trust any ANC RB after McCaffrey, and Swift would be the perfect backup.  Swift is a top tier RB prospect and would let them save money by cutting Ingram.
13.  Ivory Coast - Grant Delpit, S - Devin will be a FA and Delpit is the best safety prospect since Derwin.  He and Earl would be an awesome safety tandem. 
14.  Hawai’i - Dylan Moses, LB - Marshall will be a FA and they need a viable LB next to Roquan.  Moses would compliment Roquan perfectly and be a much needed upgrade.
15.  Carolina - Raekwon Davis, INT - Clark and Suh hit FA next year and they’ll need someone next to Wilkins.  Davis and Wilkins could be a disgustingly good pair. 
16.  Rome - Nick Coe, Edge - Rome would love to get Coe here.  One concern for Rome is edge pressure and Coe would be a perfect replacement for Dunlap.

17.  OKC - Trevon Diggs, CB - OKC needs a re-vamp at CB after this year and Diggs is a perfect place to start.  He gives them a legit #1.
18.  Seoul - Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR - I love AGG as a small school prospect that becomes a stud NFL WR.  Seoul needs a changing of the guard at WR and Jeudy + AGG would be the perfect way to build around Kyler.  D Johnson, Jeudy, AGG, Callaway, and Kelce would be asn incredibly talented group of five for Kyler to work with. 
19.  Rome(ANC) - Xavier McKinney, S - Swearinger is a good FA signing, but the rest of their safeties have question marks.  If Deionte isn’t impressive as a rookie, Rome could go with the better Bama safety to improve their defense. 
20.  Anchorage(WILL) - Troy Dye, LB - ANC could use an upgrade at LB depending on how their guys play this year.  Dye would be a great addition if their young guys don’t step up.
21.  Williamsport(Camden) - CeeDee Lamb, WR - Tate and Cobb are old and Brown is a bust.  Lamb is an explosive WR that would pair great with Ridley and Miller to give them a legit, young 3 WR group for the future. 
22.  New Orleans - Jonathan Taylor, RB - Zeke might get too expensive and Hines/Singletary are unproven.  Taylor can do everything and would give them a great RB to pair with, or replace, Zeke.
23.  Hungary - Shyheim Carter - Hungary will lose a number of CBs this year.  They need a #1 to shut down opposing WRs.
24.  Gotham - Trey Smith, OG - If Trey gets over his lung problems, he should be a top OL in the 2020 draft.  He and Mason would give Gotham a great guard tandem.
25.  Portland - Travis Etienne, RB - They may be in desperate need of a legit RB come 2020.  Etienne is an explosive option that can fill a number of roles and help Mahomes.
26.  Cuba - Khalid Kareem, Edge - They already got Young, but Khalid, Young, and Rashan would give Cuba an elite 3 man rotation.  Pair them with Brown and that DL is totally rebuilt.
27.  Berlin - Tyler Biadasz, C - Linsley will have one year left and Biadasz would have been the top interior OL drafted in 2019.  Plus, my dad is a Wisconsin alum. 
28.  Berlin(Sing) - Terrell Lewis, Edge - D-Law is a stud, but Houston will be a FA and the rest of my edge guys aren’t proven yet.  If none of them step up, edge will be a big need.
29.  Ivory Coast - Anfernee Jennings, LB - I think Devin White will be a monster in the NFL.  Pairing him with Anfernee would give IC a monstrous LB duo for a long time. 
30.  Hawai’i - Jaylon Johnson, CB - Hayward and Lattimore are great, but Hughes is unproven and that’s all Hawai’i has on the roster.  Another young Cb is needed.
31.  Carolina - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE - They have some young TEs on the roster.  However, if none of those young guys step up this year, they could go with an elite athlete to make their offense even scarier.
32.  Rome - Cameron Dantzler, CB - Rome has a couple good CBs, but Dantzler is great value and they could upgrade outside of Humphrey.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

2020 Mock Draft - Order is based off my power rankings.

6.  New Orleans - Walker Little, OT - Little is neck-and-neck with Thomas for top OT prospect, but they’re both top tier LT prospects.  Taking Little would let Jawaan go to RT, Jonah to LG, Travis stays at C, and one of Bitonio/Zeitler to RG while trading the other.  That is an elite looking and cheap OL. 

No way I'd pass on Derrick Brown and miss the opportunity to have a Bosa-Simmons-Brown-Allen Dline.

Also, Jawaan is already at RT and I don't know why I'd break up the best interior in the BDL either. Williams slotting in at LT when healthy makes the most sense...

Regardless, nice job on bringing us content during the offseason Rags. Offseason MVP!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

No way I'd pass on Derrick Brown and miss the opportunity to have a Bosa-Simmons-Brown-Allen Dline.

Also, Jawaan is already at RT and I don't know why I'd break up the best interior in the BDL either. Williams slotting in at LT when healthy makes the most sense...

Regardless, nice job on bringing us content during the offseason Rags. Offseason MVP!

Derrick Brown.  Got it.  

And I think Jonah goes to LG eventually, so taking a stud LT lets you trade one of your older, more expensive OGs.  And Zeitler only has two years left on contract. 

On 7/3/2019 at 11:35 PM, Ragnarok said:

I bring you a power ranking despite being in the middle of the bar and dad's surgery.  I don't care if you don't like it.  If there was one thing that stood out, it was how many teams have really good defensive lines.

#8 Portland
Offense - Patrick Mahomes - Davante Adams - Mike Williams - David Njoku - Laremy Tunsil - Alejandro Villanueva - Clint Boling - Will Hernandez - Matt Paradis
Defense - Dee Ford - Whitney Mercilus - Jason Pierre-Paul - Kawann Short - Malik Jackson - Blake Martinez - Zach Brown - Desmond Trufant - Tavon Young - Malcolm Jenkins - Marcus Maye
Rookies to Watch - N/A

Analysis - Reigning NFL MVP, very talented OL, and 3 very nice receiving options is a great offense.  While they could use another WR and their RB situation is as questionable as any team in BDL, Portland should be able to win some games by just airing it out.  Especially because they could have a very good defense.  While their edge guys are very up-and-down, they have a very good DT tandem and very good linebackers to solidify the middle of their defense.  They also have a very respectable secondary that while not elite, is good enough.  If they can get a run game and their edge guys are ‘up’, this team could finish a fair bit higher. 

#1 good luck on the bar, #2 hope your dad's surgery went well.

#3. I want to find something to complain about but I can't. Damn you for being accurate. 

41 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

#1 good luck on the bar, #2 hope your dad's surgery went well.

#3. I want to find something to complain about but I can't. Damn you for being accurate. 

Thanks.  I'm studying away.  Dad is doing fantastic, thank you for asking.

Glad you liked the write up.  Doing that stuff is a nice brain break from the bar.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 12:46 AM, Ragnarok said:

5.  Cuba(Camden) - Chase Young, Edge - Cuba would sprint this one up.  They have a huge weakness at edge and a Young/Gary combo on the edge would be physically imposing.

High level rusher from OSU? Count me in.

Cuba - Derrick Brown, INT - Cuba has no depth behind Cox and Casey and Casey will only be under contract for one year after this season.  Brown would be a perfect addition to this DL.

He would’ve went pretty high in this years class too.

26.  Cuba - Khalid Kareem, Edge - They already got Young, but Khalid, Young, and Rashan would give Cuba an elite 3 man rotation.  Pair them with Brown and that DL is totally rebuilt.

I had to look him up but yeah way to replenish the depth upfront.

8 hours ago, MD4L said:

High level rusher from OSU? Count me in.

He's from Maryland though....I ain't buyin' your smoke screen

• Like 1