BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

It'll probably be this weekend.  Dad's got a double bypass on Friday, so I'll be at the hospital a fair bit.  

Hope all goes well and things rapidly improve.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hope everything goes well.

Just now, MD4L said:

Hope all goes well and things rapidly improve.

Thanks guys.  It is mostly precautionary though.  He was getting more tired than usual so went in to get a check up and they found 2 arteries that were 50% blocked.  Everything should be fine but he is 70 and diabetic.  That's why I came back to Nashville earlier.  He can't drive or do a number of other things for a few weeks.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

We're not debating new numbers for the 3ups just cleaning up the language/availability right?

Oh rags wants to go back to 85% so that will be  on the docket. 

• Like 1

I'm on the side of getting rid of the biggest reason for loop holing, shadiness and bickering. After each period that this passes and each new rule creates a new problem itd be nice if they just weren't a thing.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm on the side of getting rid of the biggest reason for loop holing, shadiness and bickering. After each period that this passes and each new rule creates a new problem itd be nice if they just weren't a thing.

I'm gonna bicker about this 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Is there any chance of that passing?  If enough people say they want to stick to 75% before the meeting, I'll pull it. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I like 75%

It's been proven and shown in multiple cases that at 85% players are getting much more money than when they hit FA. So it's really not a "hometown discount" at all. It's basically the equivalent of overpaying to keep your guy unless he was somehow worked in on a sweet contract (or we have contract shenanigans as usual). We can probably take a look at this year's stuff too and I'd imagine players getting 75% are still getting more than what they got in FA, I know my biggest FA Grady Jarrett got less than what his 75% 3 up # would have been. Bumping it back up to 85 is just punishing owners to punish owners at this point. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It's been proven and shown in multiple cases that at 85% players are getting much more money than when they hit FA. So it's really not a "hometown discount" at all. It's basically the equivalent of overpaying to keep your guy unless he was somehow worked in on a sweet contract (or we have contract shenanigans as usual). We can probably take a look at this year's stuff too and I'd imagine players getting 75% are still getting more than what they got in FA, I know my biggest FA Grady Jarrett got less than what his 75% 3 up # would have been. Bumping it back up to 85 is just punishing owners to punish owners at this point. 

I agree

39 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Better than continuing to do it imo.  

"Continuing to do it", meaning what? Following the rules everyone voted on?

He saved around $2,200/year on Donald. Who cares. It's not 5k, it's not 10k. Everyone gets the same rate. Better players with bigger contracts are going to yield a bigger discount. That's how it works.