Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

good. don't let contracts become a distraction. get Boykin signed and let the young guys gel in TC.

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If all of our picks were already signed and living in the Castle, I'm sure some fan somewhere online would be wondering if the guys we picked were good enough due to them signing so easily and without any sort of negotiation.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

If all of our picks were already signed and living in the Castle, I'm sure some fan somewhere online would be wondering if the guys we picked were good enough due to them signing so easily and without any sort of negotiation.

Christ. Has there ever been a truer comment on here?

lol You've gotta love our fan base. 

• Like 2

The FO liked him last year. Tried to get him as a UDFA. We're on paper set at Tackle with LT:Stanley/Eluemanor RT:Brown/Hurst/Senat, but it is the NFL and things can change quickly. Contractual decisions loom, injuries happen, regression is always a possibility, development falls apart, etc etc. 

I don't think he'll get to us on the waiver order, and our interest in him is likely limited at the moment. It's always noteworthy when a talented and young player becomes available at a key position though. He must be pretty dopey for the Browns to have released him. Major Red Flag lol. 

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Christ. Has there ever been a truer comment on here?

lol You've gotta love our fan base. 

Words are so true.

And I've said it many times to friends, family and on various boards...

The Ravens have the worst fanbase in Football. Used to be the Eagles, but they've settled down since they popped their Superbowl Cherry. We have a ton of bandwagon hoppers, haters and more. I truly loathe our fanbase. Of course we have good apples like the folks on these here boards, but its so many more folks that make me detest this fanbase. Love the team with everything in me, but our fanbase is super fraudulent.

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Words are so true.

And I've said it many times to friends, family and on various boards...

The Ravens have the worst fanbase in Football. Used to be the Eagles, but they've settled down since they popped their Superbowl Cherry. We have a ton of bandwagon hoppers, haters and more. I truly loathe our fanbase. Of course we have good apples like the folks on these here boards, but its so many more folks that make me detest this fanbase. Love the team with everything in me, but our fanbase is super fraudulent.

I believe this is a general concern and not isolated to the Ravens fanbase. I know Patriots fans - obnoxius as they are by nature - who loathe their own fanbase because they have so many bandwagon fans who are so used to winning, that they act like the world is falling down when Patriots lose a game. Also - when the Patriots lose a game, it is because they play bad, not because the opposing team is playing well - that stuff can't happen in their world and several of the almost sane Patriots fans hate the other fans for it.

Another thing the guys I know hate, is how very little most of the Patriots bandwagon fans know about the team and football in general. While most of us know our team inside out, many of these fans don't know who the starting 11 are on either side of the football, but ofc Brady is a god, and then they have some guy who is good on defense, but they can't really say who.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I believe this is a general concern and not isolated to the Ravens fanbase. I know Patriots fans - obnoxius as they are by nature - who loathe their own fanbase because they have so many bandwagon fans who are so used to winning, that they act like the world is falling down when Patriots lose a game. Also - when the Patriots lose a game, it is because they play bad, not because the opposing team is playing well - that stuff can't happen in their world and several of the almost sane Patriots fans hate the other fans for it.

Another thing the guys I know hate, is how very little most of the Patriots bandwagon fans know about the team and football in general. While most of us know our team inside out, many of these fans don't know who the starting 11 are on either side of the football, but ofc Brady is a god, and then they have some guy who is good on defense, but they can't really say who.

You may have a point, but I still think we're worst than them. Look at all our empty seats. Let this team go 12-4 or something crazy, everyone Ravens "fans" again. I don't like Cleveland but even their fans who have endured incredible losing tend to still fill the seats and back the team. Even listening to some of the fans on the radio makes me cringe, lol. But I do understand your point.

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

I don't live in the Baltimore area so I can't comment much on that, but in terms of internet I don't think we are the worst simply because we aren't large enough to be the worst.

You don't have to be big to be the worst. At least in my opinion. Even if we aren't the worst, we are most definitely top 5.

• 2 weeks later...

I like analytics, but I hope that isn't our main focus. Some players are bigger than their analytical stats suggest. I feel if we go full on analytics we'll miss that talent who has "IT" because on paper it shows he has a tendency to do a 5 yard out instead of a 10 yard one or something. With that said, I'm glad we got more eyes on board to help ultimately improve the team.

• Like 1

I think our club employs the best and most formless approach to scouting players in the league. We'll bring in super athletes drowning in traits, slug testers with golden tape, production pigs, pure potential guys, big school underachievers, small school studs, we don't box ourselves in.

It's why we have a roster that's so diverse. Analytics is just one part of the process, a branch on the scouting and evaluation tree. It's a key aspect to the modern game and it's good to see we aren't falling behind other clubs. 

• Like 1