THE QUES T FOR T HE COACH H ATH ENDE D

buno67

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I feel better about this staff than hues crew in 16. 

Well done jimmy  Dorsey, paul, et al.

hey you guys remember when gregg williams lined jabrill peppers so far back from the line of scrimmage he never had any impact on any play in 2017?

50 minutes ago, mistakey said:

hey you guys remember when gregg williams lined jabrill peppers so far back from the line of scrimmage he never had any impact on any play in 2017?

My favorite part of that genius system is that it was supoose to prevent big plays but we nearly lead the league in big plays allowed. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'm good with wilks, in 2016 he ran 72% but it was distributed between cover2-3-4-6, I think there should be enough opportunity for ward. 

He also kept a 3-4 base in Arizona so he is adaptable to talent. 

Hopefully he can maximize garrett and ward, act as a co head coach of the defense. 

Sounds like he ran a base nickel last year, at least early. Even ran nickel on 4th and goal from the 1 and 3rd and goal from the 1. That doesn't sound encouraging and explains why the defense gave up 5 yards per carry on the year. It should stop the Raven offense, Ben and Andy may eat the zone up.

I'm concerned from what I have read so far. We'll know early on if he adapts to his talent or not.

Steve Wilks defense runs zone scheme more than any other in NFL

While it may seem strange for a defense that was top five in defensive DVOA in 2017 to make changes, it comes with the territory. Wilks defense runs zone scheme more than any other in NFL....

A bunch of hope for the Cardinal defense in 2018

.... It is going to be a vast change from the James Bettcher days and should be fun to watch unfold.

It wasn't. 20th in yards. 26th in points. 30th in rushing yards per attempt. 23rd in passer rating against.

Yeah you can count me out on Steve Wilks. They clearly had a type. Everything single DC we were connected to was a failed head coach. Its too bad because all the candidates were awful. I would have tried to find a young guy on his way up. They are out there its where Eberfllus and Richards came from before last season. I would have at least intviewed some guys like Mike MacDonald or Drew Wilkins from Baltimore. They always turn UDFA types into great NFL players. Za'Darius Smith, Michael Pierce and Patrick Onwuasor are all out playing their draft status by miles.

Archived