Around The League V.2

Totty

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I have to say since hurting his shoulder he hasn't looked good at all. I can acknowledge that much. I was expecting much more from him in NO. Curious to see how their season plays out.

It was night and day from Tampa though the injury can be blamed for that performance. This game he was slinging it. 

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Jameis Winston - 4 mil a year, everything is his fault. They need a better QB

Derek Carr - 100 mil gtd. The Oline is bad, the OC is terrible, the play calling sucks. 

New Orleans getting the full Derek Carr experience right now. He's the antithesis of what happens when you pay a mid QB lots of money. Someone will always try to apologize for it. Watching Saints fans faction off into pro-Carr/anti-Carr groups this quickly is really something to see. 

What do you think about a guy like Corral? Kinda got the Rosen treatment after getting hurt his rookie year in. Carolina. Had first round talent but fell due to leadership/maturity questions. 

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I have to say since hurting his shoulder he hasn't looked good at all. I can acknowledge that much. I was expecting much more from him in NO. Curious to see how their season plays out.

Since hurting his shoulder? Were you watching him before that. He has been bad the whole time. Thank god they got a defense, and the ref giving them the Titans game.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Since hurting his shoulder? Were you watching him before that. He has been bad the whole time. Thank god they got a defense, and the ref giving them the Titans game.

Maybe. But Carr's bad is still passable. What we have with Jimmy is probably worse than that. It's sad because with league average QB play rn, we beat the steelers and maybe even the chargers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maybe. But Carr's bad is still passable. What we have with Jimmy is probably worse than that. It's sad because with league average QB play rn, we beat the steelers and maybe even the chargers.

Idk Carr just loses in a different way. Looks prettier doing it.

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Idk Carr just loses in a different way. Looks prettier doing it.

He also doesn't turn the ball over as much as jimmy does. JMD could have upgraded at QB or tried to with a rookie. Instead he downgraded.

Even Carr critics would find it hard to argue that in year 2 of the system Carr would have looked better than in year 1. And that's the issue. Blow up continuity for a downgrade.

All I can hope now is that O'Connell can get his head out of his *** enough to throw the ball downfield like he did in the preseason because his ball security and placement vs the Chargers sucked.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He also doesn't turn the ball over as much as jimmy does. JMD could have upgraded at QB or tried to with a rookie. Instead he downgraded.

Even Carr critics would find it hard to argue that in year 2 of the system Carr would have looked better than in year 1. And that's the issue. Blow up continuity for a downgrade.

All I can hope now is that O'Connell can get his head out of his *** enough to throw the ball downfield like he did in the preseason because his ball security and placement vs the Chargers sucked.

In theory of coarse but if there were to be shortcomings it be the same song and dance how it still isn’t his fault. Like others have said it should be the AOC/Hoyer show from now on