Around The League V.2

Totty

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I already know the answer, but how would people feel if we traded for Kyler? Not in-season but perhaps in the off season?

I'd feel better with him than the current group of QBs. So if they can't get a QBOTF in the draft, I'd consider him over the Jimmy G 2024 option. 

And that would assume AZ is taking on some of the contract in a trade because they want to move on.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I already know the answer, but how would people feel if we traded for Kyler? Not in-season but perhaps in the off season?

This off-season will have some veteran QBs available that’s better than normal crop

Kirk Cousins, Kyler and Justin Fields. The latter two available by trade

I take Kyler but all would be significantly better upgrades than Hoyer and Jim

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wouldn’t do it, I don’t think Murray would fit at all into what McDaniels wants to do. He’s not a system QB really, just a freelancer and I don’t think he’s the right type of character fit either, though admittedly I don’t really know much about his character or questionable work ethic, only what I’ve read.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No thanks. Too many better options for cheaper and less likely to be a bigger hurdle than needed for a rookie. 

Kyler is in that weird zone. He's not particularly good, but he's good enough to keep a rookie from surpassing him and I don't think he'd be a mentor, so that becomes problematic. 

Personally, I'd be looking at Cousins or Brissett or someone you don't even consider more than a year with, and you know they're not going to wow enough to go further than that. 

A guy like Kyler is going to have enough juice to make people second guess benching him for the QBOTF. He's gonna do enough to keep that guy sidelined too long, and before you know it you're in year 3 with Kyler and know almost nothing about the rookie when you have to make a huge decision on them shortly. 

Not just Kyler, there's usually a couple of those guys around. Guys you take on only if your vision includes them being "the guy" for a stretch of time. Guys you don't take on if your goal is the QBOTF. 

Edited by ronjon1990

Just watched the Cowboys at Chargers 😁 for all their talent on paper the Chargers may well be the most disappointing side of all imo. Goodness they’re underwhelming.

Also, doesn’t Justin Herbert have an overall losing record now if you think of such things?? 🧐

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the Cowboys at Chargers 😁 for all their talent on paper the Chargers may well be the most disappointing side of all imo. Goodness they’re underwhelming.

Also, doesn’t Justin Herbert have an overall losing record now if you think of such things?? 🧐

Chargers need a new coach. Prolly get rid of Mike Williams, but drafted a bust in QJ lol. most of their big moves last year were for old guys who were overpaid. They have talent but have holes and need a new coach