Around The League V.2

Totty

14 hours ago, Darbsk said:

That 4th TD throw from Levis was special, looks like Warren Moon in those classic throw back uniforms and throwing bombs, great to see! It’s only one game but wow he’s got some arm.

Really impressed with his accuracy which was the sticking point for some in the draft. Let's see if he can build off it, but man his arm is everything I thought it would be. He had some incompletions that were wow throws. Really impressive debut. 

• Like 1

Yeah yeah we are Patriots west. I get it's annoying how many Pats we are bringing in these days.

But I am so down for a Kendrick Bourne signing next year when he gets healthy. Dude was starting to turn it on but just tore his ACL. Was in a contract year too which stinks for him.

The fact that Levi's was "never on our radar and not someone we were going to draft" and he comes out and outplays every QB McDaniels has tried to field for us is just another nail in the coffin. Granted it's one game, but to have such an aggressive stance against someone who is showing to be better than every choice Josh has wanted, just shows me he has no idea how to evaluate players on any level. Literally absolutely clueless. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

The fact that Levi's was "never on our radar and not someone we were going to draft" and he comes out and outplays every QB McDaniels has tried to field for us is just another nail in the coffin. Granted it's one game, but to have such an aggressive stance against someone who is showing to be better than every choice Josh has wanted, just shows me he has no idea how to evaluate players on any level. Literally absolutely clueless. 

It is logic defying, what offensive genius or supposed QB guru wouldn’t want to at least work with the prospect with the best tools in the draft class?

As you say, to take such an aggressive or definitive stance against a prospect seems self defeating when that is the one position you desperately need.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

2024 2nd and 2025 5th for Leo Williams, and we couldn't pony that up?

SMDH. 

Ehh, not too mad about avoiding that price personally. Giant got a nice haul imo. Our 2nd is going to be high high. I love me some big cat but he'll be 30 next year and needs a new contract.

Not a trade a rebuilding team makes.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

2024 2nd and 2025 5th for Leo Williams, and we couldn't pony that up?

SMDH. 

Yeh, I probably wouldn’t do it for that. Seems a bit rich to me. Jonathan Allen I’d probably consider it but it would still be touch and go weighing how long they’d stay at their peak and how much cap they’d take.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ehh, not too mad about avoiding that price personally. Giant got a nice haul imo. Our 2nd is going to be high high. I love me some big cat but he'll be 30 next year and needs a new contract.

unfortunately though, we arent a rebuilding team. 
We are just a struggling team, that believes they can contend. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We're not in a rebuild with this current regime. We're but a 1st round QB away from challenging for the division on an annual basis. 

Or so we've been told. 

Admittedly, yes, I wouldn't take that trade because I recognize we need to rebuild. 

But I'm not the GM or HC fighting for my job after declaring we were not in a rebuild. That they wouldn't make the trade tells me 1 of 2 things: they're genuinely incompetent or Mark has assured them of their jobs next year meaning we're definitely not in a rebuild and they're woefully complacent with our D not being good. 

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Wow, Jets and Giants was some game if you like punting 😁

We will be doing a lot of punting when we play those two teams as well. Their offenses will have much more success when they play us though. Every team gets right for a week against us lol. We never seem to get right with this staff