Around The League V.2

Totty

7 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

There's an entire thread about his red zone struggles. Watch how bad he was in the NY game. Missed receivers vs Washington at home. Not to mention many teams still had depleted rosters due to COVID. Team did what it did the last couple years mainly because of Jacobs. Carr would fool you with a nice throw here and there but in the long run he's gonna struggle. He wasn't the main thing holding this team back but it's obvious things were not gonna get better. 2016 was his peak season.

Yeah fair enough. I agree with that, I was just questioning it cause you stated he held us back the year before JMD. 
clearly there were bigger issues, but you labeled Carr as the thing that held us back. 
sure he was part of the problem, any non elite qb you can say holds his team back lol. 

I love arguing teams were weak cause of Covid and just pretending the Raiders were protected from it lol. No Ruggs and no waller down the stretch… no crap the O relied on Jacobs. I don’t understand that. 
you lose your top 2 recievers.. your rb needs to step up. Do you disagree ?

11 hours ago, RaiderX said:

There's an entire thread about his red zone struggles. Watch how bad he was in the NY game. Missed receivers vs Washington at home. Not to mention many teams still had depleted rosters due to COVID. Team did what it did the last couple years mainly because of Jacobs. Carr would fool you with a nice throw here and there but in the long run he's gonna struggle. He wasn't the main thing holding this team back but it's obvious things were not gonna get better. 2016 was his peak season.

lol went back and looked at the stats as you say look how bad he was in the NY Game..
4 total TDs, and 1 int... god I take that every day of the week with our current D. 

yes he missed throws.. but 4/1 and 380 yards is a game you really want to point out as a watch how bad he was?
I can assure you... there are better games for you to point out than the jets game of carr being bad lol

all this with a solid 72 team rushing yards on 25 attempts on the game, so im sure he was carried this game too in your mind. 

again, this is a weird example of a look how bad carr was.. if this was carrs bad game, hed be HOF worthy lmao... this is about as good as it got with carr realistically. 

Edited by BackinBlack

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

lol went back and looked at the stats as you say look how bad he was in the NY Game..
4 total TDs, and 1 int... god I take that every day of the week with our current D. 

yes he missed throws.. but 4/1 and 380 yards is a game you really want to point out as a watch how bad he was?
I can assure you... there are better games for you to point out than the jets game of carr being bad lol

Stating the obvious but winning coin flip games just isn’t sustainable. Vikings are finding that out this year. Even 2016 a lot 1 score games that went the Raiders way.

regardless, as i said, if hes a FA its not like id want him back.
he had his own flaws and we knew/ know what he was/is. 

we need to go get a young qb on a rookie contract... this all just started cause i truly think jimmy cost us 2 games and we are now 2 games out of a playoff spot. 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Stating the obvious but winning coin flip games just isn’t sustainable. Vikings are finding that out this year. Even 2016 a lot 1 score games that went the Raiders way.

definitely agreed, but its a start in the right direction. 
come playoff time, youre likely going to need to string together 2 or 3 coin flip games, so you need to learn how to win them. 

Vikings were actually pulling it together before Kirk went down...they were robbed against KC a couple times. 

5 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I’m just watching the Vikings v Bears and it just drives home how in the heck did we manage to draft Arnette over Jaylon Johnson 😞 also we ought to have had Montez Sweat too. Our D would look even better with those two obvious picks there………

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I’m just watching the Vikings v Bears and it just drives home how in the heck did we manage to draft Arnette over Jaylon Johnson 😞 also we ought to have had Montez Sweat too. Our D would look even better with those two obvious picks there………

I was pounding the table for Johnson and once again this team just never fails to disappoint. I mean if we drafted my picks the last 5 years we'd have multiple pro bowlers and all pros. Smh

• Like 3

22 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

definitely agreed, but its a start in the right direction. 
come playoff time, youre likely going to need to string together 2 or 3 coin flip games, so you need to learn how to win them. 

Vikings were actually pulling it together before Kirk went down...they were robbed against KC a couple times. 

It’s the Saints defense fault easy answer lol

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I was pounding the table for Johnson and once again this team just never fails to disappoint. I mean if we drafted my picks the last 5 years we'd have multiple pro bowlers and all pros. Smh

Sad, but true for so many of us. 

Edited by ronjon1990